SCRATCH BUILT BOMB BAY SECTION OF MY 1:20 SCALE B17G

Good afternoon chaps!

Some of you might remember a few years back that I scratch built the front section of a B17G in 1:20 scale.

qw_006.jpg

Well I made a rather crazy decision to continue down the fuselage and try to build the whole thing!

I started building the bomb bay section on 17th September 2016 using the same method as the front section...same scale..(1:20 scale)...and same sort of materials...balsa wood,plastic card ,wire ,paper ,yogurt pot plastic etc etc

So after a years work on and off and a lot of heart ache at times...I present to you the B17G bomb bay section.....I do hope you like it!

cc_023.jpg

cc_028.jpg

cc_024.jpg

cc_025.jpg

awe_021.jpg

awe_008.jpg

awe_010.jpg

cc_034.jpg

cc_035.jpg

cc_037.jpg

zzzz_012.jpg

Here is what the B17G looks like so far!....only another 4 sections to go!

image.jpg

I will be starting the radio room section at the end of the year...after a bit of a respite!

Thanks for your time for having a look!:)

Cheers

Fozzy

Edited by Fozzy

Fozzy,

I'm truly speechless, and that doesn't happen very often. The level of detail in the Bombay is simply beyond belief. As Darren said, the inside looks like you took pictures of the actual aircraft.  I'm going to assume that each section will remain separate but just butted up against the section in front of it. Same for the wings?

I only hope that I live long enough to see this massive project to its conclusion as I'm 70 now. It would be truly fitting for it to be displayed  in a aviation museum or even at Boeing's headquarters. 

Joel

On 11/20/2017 at 5:53 AM, Fozzy said:

Good afternoon chaps!

Some of you might remember a few years back that I scratch built the front section of a B17G in 1:20 scale.

awe_021.jpg

Wow! When I first saw this picture, I thought you slipped in a picture of the real aircraft to compare. That's just stunning! :jaw-dropping:

6 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Fozzy,

I'm truly speechless, and that doesn't happen very often. The level of detail in the Bombay is simply beyond belief. As Darren said, the inside looks like you took pictures of the actual aircraft.  I'm going to assume that each section will remain separate but just butted up against the section in front of it. Same for the wings?

I only hope that I live long enough to see this massive project to its conclusion as I'm 70 now. It would be truly fitting for it to be displayed  in a aviation museum or even at Boeing's headquarters. 

Joel

Hi Joel

Thanks for your kind remarks!...Yes each section will just butt up to each other as you mentioned....not sure about the wings as yet although I think I will at least build the wing roots and possibly one of the 4 engines!!...I also hope to live long enough to see this project through as I am no spring Chicken either!!:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Wow! When I first saw this picture, I thought you slipped in a picture of the real aircraft to compare. That's just stunning! :jaw-dropping:

Thanks mate....I guess it would be a lot easier if I did just use real photos!!:hmmm: