Revell of Germany CL-13 Sabre 6, 48th scale

While waiting for the foot print decals to complete my CF-18 for this GB, and as an entry for a small club GB, I started and finished this Revell of Germany 48th scale Sabre.  It's an F-86F-40 kit with supplemental wingtips to turn it into a Sabre 6.  This is my umpteenth Hasegawa / RoG Sabre build.  No surprises.  MM Enamels for the camo and Alclad for the aluminum bits.  Decals are a hodge-podge of different sources, mainly Leading Edge though.  There are no stencils, just main markings.  The only additions are a seat pad and tape belts. 

I'll be presenting this model tomorrow, 23 November, to the last NCO I reported to before I retired, S/Sgt. Cori Slaughter.  In this picture below, her dad is sitting in the front row, second from the right.  As a coincidence, look at the tail number on the Sabre on the right.  The reason I am presenting this Sabre to Cori is because her dad, F/O Bill Slaughter, ejected from AX 374 on 18 April 1961 near Homburg, Germany when he suffered a compressor stall.  Years ago, I had the privilege of speaking to Mr. Slaughter about the incident and he said it was pretty 'exciting'.

38506655546_9478f1271c_c.jpg

No build photos, just the end result.

38563055661_b46e268770_c.jpg

24690727538_4d84a1d633_c.jpg

38563057231_8dd9c08b11_c.jpg

24690728108_32b2c1ae85_c.jpg

38563058901_d87ae487a7_c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

On 11/22/2017 at 7:59 PM, ALF18 said:

Woah! You are vying for the Phantom "quick build" rating, and succeeding very well, my friend!

Nice job.

ALF

Thanks ALF but I'll never be as prodigious as phantom.  Think he's fast now?  He's going to be an even bigger machine when he retires.

Mike

4 hours ago, tobiK said:

I will slow him down by sending him homemade jam! That stuff will make him sleepy! hehe

And in 7 months, here in Canada, cannabis will be legal... so maybe the Phantom will want his jam "spiked". Or he might just stick to Jaegermeister. :rolleyes:

ALF

5 minutes ago, ALF18 said:

And in 7 months, here in Canada, cannabis will be legal... so maybe the Phantom will want his jam "spiked". Or he might just stick to Jaegermeister. :rolleyes:

ALF

OMG! So you dudes will be hovering!

I should not mix such "herbs" in the jam to avoid problems with local police. I suggest he should add some green stuff to his muesli in the morning to start a relaxed modelling day. he outcome will be some extravagant psychodelic models!???

The chances of me ever hitting the Justin bud is less then zero. Well......unless I ever have chronic pain and am near death. then maybe.

Actually our contract team is talking about trying to give us the same retirement option other provinces get. Heck if we get it I could retire 2 years.....AGO!!! As opposed to 5 from now.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:23 PM, phantom said:

The chances of me ever hitting the Justin bud is less then zero. Well......unless I ever have chronic pain and am near death. then maybe.

Actually our contract team is talking about trying to give us the same retirement option other provinces get. Heck if we get it I could retire 2 years.....AGO!!! As opposed to 5 from now.

I hope the negotiating team is able to get that into your next working agreement.  That would be the cat's pyjamas.

6 hours ago, AX 365 said:

I hope the negotiating team is able to get that into your next working agreement.  That would be the cat's pyjamas.

Not going to hold my breath. Last time the arbitrator told us, because OPSEU has screws us over so many times we was continuing the policy. Hence, us wanting to leave our union. Neat how people who do so same job with LESS danger get 20,000 a year more then me....and don't have to work nights.

Oh well. the joy of Ontario......Go build another Sabre.

I feel your pain buddy.  Hopefully common sense will prevail.  Ya...who am I trying to kid?  And I have another Sabre started already; Sabre 4 in RAF livery from Eagle Strike.