P-3 Orion sheet ideas

16 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Hasegawa did markings for this in a recent release; and I am afraid this is one scheme I will not include - there are many others on the sheet that were never part of a kit decal sheet.

Ah Ok, my mind was thinking on a Micro Ace model that I have at 1/144.

Will there be any from the US Navy at Hi-Vis Circa 1980?

Thanks for your work.

Regards

Edited by McFly
On 11/25/2017 at 9:59 PM, Dutch said:

And I forgot to mention Greece and Spain.

026.jpg

That scheme is the spanish initial of the 80s, currently and for a few years they are gray and participate in the Operation Atalanta, formally European Union Naval Force (EU NAVFOR) Somalia, a current counter-piracy military operation at sea off the Horn of Africa and in the Western Indian Ocean.

https://foronaval.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/6j6a7872.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4217/35418503272_ff359ff0ac_k.jpg

Regards

13 hours ago, KursadA said:

Hasegawa did markings for this in a recent release; and I am afraid this is one scheme I will not include - there are many others on the sheet that were never part of a kit decal sheet.

Scale-master also released a more accurate set #SM-27 to correct a few Hasegawa inaccuracies. Keep up the great work Kursad!

I'm pretty sure that Scale-Master's sheet precedes the Hasegawa issue of those markings by several years (if not decades). One thing about Scale-Master decals: The paper they used had a type of adhesive that is kind of milky and gelatinous. That helps the decals stick alright, but the adhesive turns rusty brown on the model over the years. I advise carefully rinsing the decal of ALL of that milky adhesive, then rely on proper handling of the fragile, floating decal to apply it to the model and use a gentle solvent to ensure adhesion.

19 hours ago, KursadA said:

Good call! LOL 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...