P-3 Orion sheet ideas

Now that the Marlin and Neptune are out of the way, I am planning a couple P-3 Orion sheets in the next year. Let me know which markings you would like to see on these sheets. US subjects only for the first two sheets - I will definitely consider foreign subjects later on; like the foreign Neptune sheet I have started to work on.

24 minutes ago, thegoodsgt said:
I don’t have an affinity for any particular squadron, but I’d like to see a mix of USN schemes — white over grey, overall grey, low-viz.

I’ll be holding out for the 1/144 release.

VX-30, Grey and Hi Vis white/orange schemes, NASA and US Customs and Border Protection :woot.gif:

On 11/21/2017 at 5:43 PM, Trojan Thunder said:

VX-30, Grey and Hi Vis white/orange schemes, NASA and US Customs and Border Protection :woot.gif:

I'll toss my kit in for a Customs bird or two, numbering for a radome bird as well as clean (tour bus) version!! NASA is cool, if they are on the same sheet I will be happy, thanks.

I would be VERY interested in white data stencils for the dark engine grey early `60s paint schemes (P-3A vintage) and white data stencils for the glossy black early EP-3 USN schemes (see below), because I can't print my own white data stencils. Thank you in advance!!!!

image002.jpg

149667%20in%201962%20-%20Steve%20Miller.

thumb_11_29B.jpg

EP-3B_Orion_of_VQ-1_c1970.jpg

$T2eC16J,!y4FI,lPmgkLBSSuQKEug!~~60_35.J

Great suggestions, all - many thanks for your help. I have the base drawings almost ready and you will see a series of comprehensive Orion sheets within a few months; both US and foreign.

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Iran please.

I did not have this one in mind (due to lack of references), but I don't think I can say "no" to my very first customer ever - so I will make sure there will be an Iranian option on the foreign P-3 sheet.

Edited by KursadA

I got one more, I know everyone has had great suggestions, but have a look at the German Marine P-3.

https://www.google.com/search?q=german+p-3&prmd=vin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdwovY3NjXAhVLqVQKHSs8AKcQ_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=512&dpr=3#imgdii=qOD87x5Qe6Mw_M:&imgrc=oCErNbkUgWmyaM:

Edited by Falcon053
50 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

The German schemes have been done reasonably well with the Hasegawa special boxing for the anniversary schemes, and the Revell reboxings for the standard schemes.

There are some various nose arts that have not been done, and Revell did make some small goofs, but these have been pretty well covered.

I go off net for a couple of days and you start a topic on one of my favorite aircraft. In addition to those color schemes already mentioned, everyone keeps ignoring two of the most attractive schemes, so we might as well address the elephant in the room: Brazil P-3AM, & Chile P-3ACH. And Portugal P-3P. And please do every USN P-3 VP Squadron, including. my old squadrons, VP-10 & VP-23. Oh, and USC&BP P-3AEW & NOAA. Please in both 1/72 & 1/144. I don't want to sound greedy or demanding, but I have over thirty 1/144 P-3 kits, over a dozen of which need decals.  I only have two 1/72, for which I have decals already. I will get off my soapbox now. R/ Dutch

03-Dome.jpg

18-WP-3A.jpg

19-P-3N.jpg

Edited by Dutch