Stephen,

I really enjoyed reading through your build. the hanging diorama  looks great and is a fantastic way to display models, especially large models without having to deal with dust from hanging them from the ceiling. 

For several years I've had the Revell of Germany 1/48 scale PBY-5A in my stash, and I've wanted to build it as part of my collection of Midway aircraft, hence Strawberry 5, but it's just way to be for my display shelves. but after seeing your frame wall display, the light bulb just went on in my head.  

Joel

Go for it! At some point in the future, my daughter and I are going to build a 1/72 Dambuster Lancaster that she was given. That will also be framed ( see below ). Her great granddad worked on the spotlights on the Lancs, so we'll include a picture of him in the presentation.

lanc002.jpg

All finished! I gave it a test hang in the lounge to check the hanging wire length, got a couple of photos and then took it down to wrap up. As mentioned in the first post, this is a build for a friend, so this was the last time I'd see it. I'll be visiting her in a couple of weeks time to hand over the model.

bbmf141.jpg

One final image of the framed models and completed diorama.

bbmf142.jpg

Now with that out of the way, I have a SAR Sea King to build for a former pilot and some master casting patterns for a Max Holste Broussard.

• 3 months later...