ARC Discussion Forums
Army_Air_Force

1/144 Scale BBMF Lancaster and Dakota

People next! The tiny figures had their feet dipped into a small pool of cyano glue and were carefully positioned on the model, with BBMF crew, re-enactors and veterans all chatting around the aircraft and truck.

bbmf131.jpg

bbmf132.jpg

Once all the figures were attached, one or two had a little more cyano added around their feet, particularly those with a small contact area. The feet areas were then given a light dusting with a matt coat to hide the glue shine.

bbmf135.jpg

bbmf136.jpg

Stephen,

I really enjoyed reading through your build. the hanging diorama  looks great and is a fantastic way to display models, especially large models without having to deal with dust from hanging them from the ceiling. 

For several years I've had the Revell of Germany 1/48 scale PBY-5A in my stash, and I've wanted to build it as part of my collection of Midway aircraft, hence Strawberry 5, but it's just way to be for my display shelves. but after seeing your frame wall display, the light bulb just went on in my head.  

Joel

Go for it! At some point in the future, my daughter and I are going to build a 1/72 Dambuster Lancaster that she was given. That will also be framed ( see below ). Her great granddad worked on the spotlights on the Lancs, so we'll include a picture of him in the presentation.

lanc002.jpg

The final few pictures taken with my DSLR rather than the compact camera I normally use in the workshop.

bbmf137.jpg

bbmf138.jpg

All the pictures have been taken without the glazing in the frame, as trying to photograph through the reflective surface is a nightmare.

bbmf139.jpg

bbmf140.jpg

All finished! I gave it a test hang in the lounge to check the hanging wire length, got a couple of photos and then took it down to wrap up. As mentioned in the first post, this is a build for a friend, so this was the last time I'd see it. I'll be visiting her in a couple of weeks time to hand over the model.

bbmf141.jpg

One final image of the framed models and completed diorama.

bbmf142.jpg

Now with that out of the way, I have a SAR Sea King to build for a former pilot and some master casting patterns for a Max Holste Broussard.

Steve, once more - it`s a great job - I love the framing idea, the ancient-looking vice :) and the 1:144 figures - which make are they ? Are they from Preiser ? 

I don't know the make of the figures. It was a pack of 100 from Ebay. They just came in a ziplock bag.

Stephen....

:worship:   EXQUISITE way to display one of nicest Diorama  I have seen.

Your DAKOTA & LANCASTER look SPLENDID and FKAWLESS.

GOOD job.:banana::clap2:

KUDOS....  :smiley-whacky084: