Heller's ancient Oddity - Amiot 143 OOB

Just in time for American Thanksgiving, we have many things to be thankful for and they’re all related to a turkey!

Of course, I’m talking not about that most sleep-inducing of oven-roasted fowl, but something large, semi-flight capable and definitely more than a little foul. I speak, perhaps unexpectedly, of the Heller 1/72 Amiot 143!

I came across this kit a few years ago, and my excitement was only equalled by my revulsion. I knew of the plane, and to see its horrors manifested in such unforgivingly mediocre plastic was the culmination of a dream of sorts. Well, a fever dream, maybe, but still…

So, what do you have to be thankful for? Well, you have a few things: 1.) They don’t make them like this anymore, either in plastic or real life. 2.) Only Heller would make a kit of this, and it’s largely forgotten. 3.) Everyone needs a laugh, and this plane and kit have to be worth that.

You can also be thankful that you can now experience the beast vicariously, just by clicking the link below, and you don’t have to waste money or room buying one yourself. Unless, like me, you’re just a sucker for punishment. 

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/heller-1-72-amiot-143-oob/

amiot-143-oob-001.jpg?w=400

Oh God... That in 1/48... it doesn't bear thinking about!

Yeah, the Potez 540 is similar, as is the Bloch 200.  At least the Bloch 210 has retractable gear! Actually, of those the MB 200 is the only one I DON'T have!