Black Friday Disappointment

On 11/26/2017 at 8:49 AM, Scooby said:

No, because we are a lot smarter than you. We celebrate it twice. The proper time and the alternate time.

The only thing you do right is you take the entire week off.

Hey I had to work three whole days. Ok maybe two and a half lol

• 3 weeks later...

Squadron has tanked this black friday thing every year since 2012, which was the last year they offered their blockbuster 50% off sale, and actually had product to pick from.  The next year - it was grossly overhyped, only to realize that they were essentially just having a "dust off the shelves" sale and weren't even offering full black friday deals on all their merchandise.  Only what they had listed, which again - was crap.  They heard a ton of backlash about that so they figured they'd make everything available again - but would just quit reordering anything popular in August to make sure they were good and out of it when it came time to offer it for any sort of value for Black Friday.  My holy grail kit this year was the 1/200 Missouri from Trumpeter.  I was astounded at how much they're selling it for, but was okay - considering I'd qualify for 40% off which would have still been a huge savings.  But they were out.  Typical.  Went to Sprue Bro's and picked it up for 50 bucks cheaper than I've ever seen it anywhere else, and qualified for free shipping. I'm honestly surprised anyone shops Squadron anymore.  Their markups are laughable.  It's as if they don't realize we can go to other websites and see the same models for 30 to 60 dollars cheaper.  

On 12/13/2017 at 9:39 AM, scapilot said:

Squadron has tanked this black friday thing every year since 2012, which was the last year they offered their blockbuster 50% off sale, and actually had product to pick from.  The next year - it was grossly overhyped, only to realize that they were essentially just having a "dust off the shelves" sale and weren't even offering full black friday deals on all their merchandise.  Only what they had listed, which again - was crap.  They heard a ton of backlash about that so they figured they'd make everything available again - but would just quit reordering anything popular in August to make sure they were good and out of it when it came time to offer it for any sort of value for Black Friday.  My holy grail kit this year was the 1/200 Missouri from Trumpeter.  I was astounded at how much they're selling it for, but was okay - considering I'd qualify for 40% off which would have still been a huge savings.  But they were out.  Typical.  Went to Sprue Bro's and picked it up for 50 bucks cheaper than I've ever seen it anywhere else, and qualified for free shipping. I'm honestly surprised anyone shops Squadron anymore.  Their markups are laughable.  It's as if they don't realize we can go to other websites and see the same models for 30 to 60 dollars cheaper.  

The only time I shop at Squadron anymore is when they have their books on sale for dirt cheap. But that is only about 3 times a year.