LED Workbench Light - Color Temperature?

I’m looking at putting in a couple hanging LED lights over the work bench. This is in a workshop room with no windows/natural light. 

Would anyone have input on 4000k vs 5000k? Both have CRI’s of the low 80’s. The big thing I’m thinking about is to have reasonable color rendering so I pick good colors for painting. 

Thanks for any input. 

I've got a windowless hobby room and use flourescent tubes. I would go as close as possible to 6400K, which is the same as daylight. No idea what CRI is though. It made a huge difference when I replaced the old 4000K tubes with 6400K tubes.

https://www.topbulb.com/color-rendering-index Color rendering Index

http://www.westinghouselighting.com/color-temperature.aspx 

https://www.earthled.com/blogs/light-2-0-the-earthled-blog-led-lighting-news-tips-reviews/37176324-how-to-choose-the-best-led-light-bulb-for-any-room-in-your-home

color selection criteria

CRI seems less important than temperature unless you are a professional graphic artist.  You can select color temperature to handle less favorable CRI for your modeling purposes..

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thank you both.  I have some free standing Ottlites that I'm thinking of replacing.  I believe they are advertised as 5-5500k.  I like them a lot, but worry slightly about bringing too much of a blue tint by going too hot. Hence the reason I thought briefly about 4000k. 

You should also consider the lighting where your finished models will be displayed, as picking a color under one temperature light and displaying it under a different light source can and will offset all the color matching you did on the bench. 

I have two Ottlight desk lamps on my model desk. From what I have read this gives you a natural light compared to regular flourescents. I know that there are now daylight CFL bulbs but I like my Ottlights. Probably easier on the eyes too.

I have also started using some LED bulbs but with the "daylight" designation for my photo setup when I take under construction shots. They seem a lot brighter and more white than the soft white versions. I think they are in the 5000K range.

One thing I do know is that these types of bubs are a lot nicer as well as cooler than the traditional incandescent ones.

I've got a daylight LED (standard E26 base) in the Luxo L-1 task light on my workbench since 2014. Perfect lamp and light  as far as I'm concerned.

I hope people aren't buying CFLs anymore...

6 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

I hope people aren't buying CFLs anymore...

No kidding. I recently changed out all of my CFL bulbs in our house so now only have LEDs. Some of the CFL bulbs I took out had brown staining on the base so told me they they were hot.