We need a 1/48 MH-60R

I have the Italeri 1/48 SH-60B with the Olimp MH-60R conversion set but their choice of decal markings are not so nice.

We need a new 1/48 MH-60R and better decal markings like HSM-73 Battlecats. I found a lot of images online with this specific MH-60R in the tiger stripes. Decals for this would be awesome.

0riikXv.jpg

J9KWAaB.jpg

BkSoAsf.jpg

4u2wcYN.jpg

6 hours ago, schottenbazi said:

How accurate is the MH-60R conversion from Olimp and what is the quality of the parts?

The Olimp set isn't Aires or Eduard Brassin quality but it isn't too bad. Some parts are cast nicely with decent detail but some do have air holes. The port side pylon is a little odd. The way they designed it, the front of the pylon goes way too far over the front landing gear housing making the rear part of the pylon go too far forward as well. Olimp didn't give the other part of the port side pylon to fit the Hellfires or rocket launchers. I am using the pylons from the Italeri HH-60J kit though and the Italeri "J" kit gives the part of the pylon to fit the Hellfires. Olimp didn't give the new starboard side pylon that fits right in front of the cabin door, you only get the pylon adapter. The chaff/flare dispensers included are for the first production MH-60R's though and if you want to do a later one you would need to either scratch build the later type or get them from the Olimp MH-60S set. The MH-60R and MH-60S use the same FLIR which is different than the ones used on the SH-60B and HH-60H. Olimp got the shape correct but it looks a little too big though. 

Here are the different Olimp chaff/flare dispensers. The early type is on the right from the MH-60R set and the one on the left is from the MH-60S set. The one on the left is what the MH-60R's are using now as you can see in the photos from my original post.

KmRDwWE.jpg

H1hK901.jpg

I'd be all over several of these kits.  And the Romeo squadrons all have really sharp looking CO birds so there would be no shortage of colorful and interesting schemes.  If there is anything I can do to help a kit manufacturer make one of these happen, I'd be all over the chance to get a Romeo kit out there.

Chris