Any upcoming Skywarrior decals?

I have some design drafts, but can't say I have anything concrete planned for the next few months. My two 1/48 scale Skywarrior sheets are on the verge of selling out, and I will definitely release a new one instead of simply reprinting them. 

Let me know which units you would like to see, and I will take notes. It probably will not happen before I deliver some of the high-profile sheets I  have promised a while ago (FB-111A, SR-71 etc.)

I'd love to see decals for one of the last Skywarriors.  VQ-2 flew EA-3B's as late as 1991 from Rota, and a detachment even went to Desert Storm.  There are some photos of them in ODS, and one was painted up after the war for RIAT '91 with a sharkmouth and a spook silhouette on one side of the tail.  My personal perference is for one of the deployed birds, but either way would be a nice addition to the set.

Chris

5 hours ago, Chris D said:

I'd love to see decals for one of the last Skywarriors.  VQ-2 flew EA-3B's as late as 1991 from Rota, and a detachment even went to Desert Storm.  There are some photos of them in ODS, and one was painted up after the war for RIAT '91 with a sharkmouth and a spook silhouette on one side of the tail.  My personal perference is for one of the deployed birds, but either way would be a nice addition to the set.

Chris

I agree with your choice.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:42 AM, Chris D said:

Chris

Not an EKA but still a nice subject.   If you are doing VQ-2 birds, I'd suggest Ranger 12 as a memorial to the 7 crew lost when this aircraft went off the Nimitz on it's 6th landing attempt in January of 87.  The full story is pretty sad.    I believe that this loss led to all remaining A-3 aircraft being restricted to land bases only.

This pic is a memorial to Ranger 12 but I believe it's an accurate depiction of the real aircraft.   Gotta give those crews credit, they had some big ones.    A-3's had the highest fatality rate of any aircraft during that time period.   No ejection seats was a design choice to keep the weight down. 

vq2mishap_02_29jan2005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2017 at 2:43 PM, KursadA said:

I have some design drafts, but can't say I have anything concrete planned for the next few months. My two 1/48 scale Skywarrior sheets are on the verge of selling out, and I will definitely release a new one instead of simply reprinting them. 

Let me know which units you would like to see, and I will take notes. It probably will not happen before I deliver some of the high-profile sheets I  have promised a while ago (FB-111A, SR-71 etc.)

Image result for eka-3b

Image result for eka-3b

Image result for eka-3b

Image result for eka-3b

Hope these help a bit.  Plenty more really cool options out there.   The Osprey book is a good resource.   For whatever reason, Trumpy picked probably the most mundane looking EKA ever flown as the subject for their decals.