Hello,

I am currently working on completely new panel displays for the 1/32 Monogram Apollo CSM. I just completed all displays and the astronaut couches and will continue with the tunnel, hatch and windows. These last parts will be less expensive simply because there are smaller. The displays come in 2 variants whether you want to keep the cutaway version or you want a complete display and no transparent CM. The intermediate space is a part you haev to add between the capsule and the heat shield to correct some dimension of the model.

Until to-morrow there is a 10% reduction and no shipping from shapeways, so if you are interested the parts are here : 

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/spacemodels?section=1%2F32+Apollo+Command+Module&s=0

Edited by Lunokhod 2
  • 1 month later...

Continuing to design the 1/32 CM interior. I finished and ordered the main panels and couches. The parachute section is also complete and available on Shapeways and the windows and hatch details are currently being designed, I hope to complete the interior by the end of the month. Here are a few pictures of the main panels that replaces the entire panel section of the model.

25354034_1727211410651871_82425267038519

25446416_1727212327318446_36111933063379

25498484_1727213250651687_28921900133040

25348505_1727213517318327_16390415092514

25353792_1727214140651598_55356496301384

Shapeways shop

Edited by Lunokhod 2
  • 1 month later...

After a few months redesigning the interior of the Monogram 1/32 CSM I finally started the built, I should be ready by July 2019. Further information is available on my web site : http://spacemodels.nuxit.net/1-32%20CM/index.htm

002.jpg

003.jpg

Edited by Lunokhod 2
image not inserted properly
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Photos of the CM main display, the display width is 6.5 mm which is quite smaller than on the picture (16 cm on my 19" 4/3 screen) which explains defaults you can see but are barely visible in reality.

Mike Collins is now in the Command Module.

021.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Vincent

• 1 month later...

The pressurized compartment of the command module is now fixed onto the heat shield. The aft compartment in the Monogram model was a very vague representation of the real thing so I decided to recreate it in 3D and print it on Shapeways. My main concern was to make sure the support frame would fit with the lower cone ribs, which it did (many thanks to my caliper).

Construction of the Command Module http://spacemodels.nuxit.net/1-32%20CM/index.htm

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

Edited by Lunokhod 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks sensational! .... all those lovely details in and around the Docking Collar and Probe ... just fantastic!

One tiny moan though .... I wish those seams on the foil strips could be burnished down to a point where they are almost invisible. The light catches those seams and makes them just a little too pronounced ... for me anyways. I have to admit that I haven't figured out a way to do it.

But having said that, if this was mine, I'd be more than pleased. ....... Can I send you my address Vincent?  😄

Pete

Yes I agree with you Pete. I did try with bare metal foil but the rendering was not so shiny and it didn't stick so well compare to this plastic film. And the seams are always more visible on a picture than with real eyes (or maybe my eyes are getting old). 

AMAZING! From start to finish this was an incredible build. I do have to agree with the seam issue, it's a tricky nut to crack that I've yet to see done exactly right. I wonder if there would be a way to lightly etch the pattern on to foil somehow....hmmm....

Regardless, this is beautiful!

Bill

You could 3D print the outer skin pieces, with the foil groove pattern etched into the surface. Then just apply a sheet of foil over it and burnish it down.