Operation Gothic Serpent Aircraft references

45 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I was incorrect.  I've come across some 'factory' photos of the real thing in high resolution that I cant' share but the exhaust is rectangular.  It will be correct for release.  It is not oval. 

You are correct.  I have the pics I need to do this and the end is rectangular.  Take a little bit to do them up properly in CAD but Werner's Wings will have them exclusively.
Floyd

This is awesomely great news, I know to some its a minor detail, but its a fascinating detail and part of the important history of rotary wing aircraft and warfare, Im looking forward to  this

Many more birds flew after the 1st battle for 24 hours. Some were shot up doing resupply. Super 66 being 1 of them according to my source. I'm sure it was all hands and all helos on deck. 

But Trasher DID NOT participate in the initial assault.

Tim

6 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I was incorrect.  I've come across some 'factory' photos of the real thing in high resolution that I cant' share but the exhaust is rectangular.  It will be correct for release.  It is not oval. 

Floyd

Wish you could share those pics with the class Floyd.   Lucky you!   

Curious if those pics are color?  The one semi-decent thumbnail on the LB thread appears to show the entire diffuser in a green-ish color.   Wondering if your pics confirm that or not...

Also, since you appear to have a source, any way you could confirm when this rig was first introduced and whether or not it's still in use?

Edited by 11bee
8 hours ago, 11bee said:

Wish you could share those pics with the class Floyd.   Lucky you!   

Curious if those pics are color?  The one semi-decent thumbnail on the LB thread appears to show the entire diffuser in a green-ish color.   Wondering if your pics confirm that or not...

Also, since you appear to have a source, any way you could confirm when this rig was first introduced and whether or not it's still in use?

Sorry.  The pictures are color and the exhaust is natural metal with no color on them.  I don't like to go to that well too often as I don't want to be a pain in his fool.  It is a good resource.

Floyd

According to my source, the MH-60's had floor armor up on the cockpit floor. If you have the CC MH-60M detail set, that floor armor can be used for all OGS birds. I'll try to find a pic of what I'm saying.

Here's a pic of my build showing the cockpit floor armor.

23977927627_45d2ac02ec_c.jpg

Also, I have a tentative tail # for Super 67. Just waiting on confirmation.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

Hi, really AWESOME topic again !! I compared the info with my Gulf war site, as some of the Gulf war birds were then used in Gothic Serpent. I found more helos which probably been in the Gothic Serpent, but has no callsign. Can anyone check this ? I forgot where I got the info from, but I bet I compiled it from various websites.

MH-60A

83-23839 - "Iron Maiden"
83-23853 - "Bat Copter"
83-23887 - "Super 65"/"Heavy Metal"
84-24000 - "The Liberator"
84-24010 - "Bounty Hunter"
85-24395 - "The Predator"

MH-60L

89-26184 - "Flatliner"
89-26186 - "Super 62"/"Rude Dude"
89-26188 - "Super 64"/"Venom"
90-26257 - "Super 63"/"Grim Reaper"
90-26276 - "Dirty Deeds"
90-26288 - "Super 68"/"Razor Edge"

91-26324 - "Super 61"/"Thunderstruck"

91-26363 - "Super 66"/"Gun Slinger"

and" Super 67"

Also, what is the internal/external difference between A and L version ? from modeller´s point ... and, the nose question - I guess the FLIR/radar combo is "easily" replaced with "classic" nose ?

Also, still searching for info/pics on the Gulf war adventure  of those beauties ;-)

Thanks !!!

Edited by JakubJakepilot
P.S. I bet that those tabs on Little Birds are just "bricks" to stop the tail from being bent during shipment ...

21 minutes ago, JakubJakepilot said:

A, I knew it was there, but just the different thread !!

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/16/p/67689/680147.aspx

Wow, that is an old post (2005)!  The info has been updated and consolidated below with the latest info I could find on it, including a link to this thread.

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=216895&page=1

Ah ! I looked at my sources again and found this info, this is probably where I got it from:

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=32506

EDIT: it points to a different airframe though .... to 91-26362 from 1996 and the info is from Dragon´s 1:144 kit, which is probably wrong then ...

Edited by JakubJakepilot
12 minutes ago, hawkwrench said:

When i click on the link that's on that link you provided, it says armorama can't be found. Got any pics of the grim reaper from that link?

Tim

No, it is to Czech model site, and it only refers to a Dragon 1:144 which has decals for the Grim Reaper from 1996 for 91-26362 or, as I look in the instructions, for different helo, as there are separate numbers to make the serial number .... so confusing ....

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/UH-60A-SOMALIA.html