best online vendor for AK interactive extreme metal

ok, so I took your advice and contacted scalehobbyist.com.

I did ask my lhs for pricing, as well as scalehobbyist.  I then checked out ak's website.

prices were as follows:

lhs:                      11.99. per jar. 

scalehobbyist:     8.99 per jar.  

AK                          6.11 per jar.

Transportation wise:

to purchase from my lhs, I have to drive an hour.  

scalehobbyist was reasonable in their shipping.

AK was only a bit more to ship from Spain.

So, I was, in essence get 3 tubes of oils from AK for free in comparison to scalehobbyist.  

I want to give folks here my business, but geez, it sure seems the US distributors are shooting themselves in the foot in their margins they charge.

• 1 month later...

Wow,  What an adventure I had with this purchase.  But all worked out in the end.  A few days after ordering from AK directly, I receive a phone call from Fedex, noting that the accompanying paperwork (TSCA) was illegible.  they asked if I could certify the shipment.  I then emailed AK asking for their help.  Fedex noted I "only" needed to authorize AK as the certifier for the TSCA form.   All seemed to be well.  That is, until the package arrived.  AK's packaging seemed to come up short, with one of the extreme metal bottles breaking making a mess of the entire shipment.  I then send pictures to AK who, promptly, apologize, and ship out a complete replacement order!  GREAT customer service.  Will definitely order from them again. 

I am still shaking my head about the "middlemen" involved here in the states nearly doubling the price of the product.

I've had good luck with AK customer service. I used to use a fair amount of their acrylics, and ended up with a set that had several bottles that had almost completely thickened to the point of being unusable when the package arrived. I took a photo and emailed them regarding the bad colors to see if i could get just those colors replaced, insignia white and radome tan, if i remember correctly. They replied with an apology and they ended up sending a complete replacement set of paints.

I do like the Xtreme Metals, I typically buy them from www.hobbyworld-usa.com; however, I've also bought from scalehobbiest as well. They run about 11.25 a bottle from Matt at Hobbyworld, but the shipping from HW to Idaho is much faster than from scalehobbiest, and they are in the same area.

Lately, I've been switching to using Mr. Paint metallic colors and have been really impressed at how they spray. I'll have to do some comparisons between the Xtreme Metal and Mr. Paint stuff to see how durable they are. I do know that both are more durable than Alclad.