F-5E/F and F-20 drop tanks (again)

well I was seeing some similarities in the front portion and I thought they just reshaped the nose and partially the aft end,but I just learned that the only 1/72 correctly shaped F-5/F-20 drop tank resides in Best Fong Ching Kuo box which is OOP and so is the other one from Moxing Studio :-\

Luigi

Hi Luigi

I would think that you can use whatever you want within reason. Since the F-20 never went into production I think your idea would work? Well unless you are doing one of the prototypes.

I have a couple F-20 kits in 1/48 (Monogram) and I had planned to do them as if they went into production with a nice 3 tone camo. Don't have the new F-20 kits yet but maybe one day. Just love that aircraft and too bad the USAF never bought them but oh well, at least we have models of them so I am happy.

Chris the problem is that the fuel tank was and still in use on the F-5 and it was also used on the F-20 during trials.F-5E/F can also mount the small 150? gallon drop tank used on F-5A/B and I have plenty of them due me accidentally trashing a Revell F-5B box and also keeping two Italeri F-5A for spare parts as the fuel probe was later installed on foreign F-5E.I do have a couple of projects in mind that require at least 3 of those 275 tanks and the good options are kinda null,Hasegawa F-20 drop tanks are a bit thin,Italeri ones possibly have the correct length but the shape is not so right,I no longer own any Airfix/Heller F-5 and I remember them being a little more thick than Italeri tanks so I have to go after one of them and try to steal a Ching Kuo for cheap somewhere on the web,plus Attack Squadron F/A-18C nozzles to fix Hasegawa F-20 and X-29 "things" but hoarders stolen them all from and I'm not sure if Wolfpack or Aires one will fit well....and speaking about the X-29 due my Ace Combat and Area88 needs I think more than 3 drop tanks will be needed :P

Luigi