1/48 Mikoyan MiG-31BS 'Foxhound'

Here's my latest completion: AMK's 1/48 MiG-31BS 'Foxhound' with metal upgrade set for the undercarriage and nose pitot. The main colour is Mr Paint and the decals are from the kit. It's a great kit, but not perfect. More details here: https://jonbryon.com/amk-1-48-mikoyan-mig-31bs-foxhound/

Thanks for looking

Jon

mig31b-14.jpg

mig31b-11.jpg

mig31b-12.jpg

mig31b-30.jpg

mig31b-2.jpg

mig31b-22.jpg

Wow that looks great Jon  :thumbsup:. No ordnance? Actually looks pretty fast without it.

Love the subtle weathering and I will check out your link for the build blog. You know the more I see of the MiG 31 builds I really should pick up one. Had that silly Lindberg kit many years ago so I am glad I gave it away and only had to wait a decade to see a state of the art kit.

12 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow that looks great Jon  :thumbsup:. No ordnance? Actually looks pretty fast without it.

Love the subtle weathering and I will check out your link for the build blog. You know the more I see of the MiG 31 builds I really should pick up one. Had that silly Lindberg kit many years ago so I am glad I gave it away and only had to wait a decade to see a state of the art kit.

Thanks!

No ordnance: I don't like adding it to models :)

You should get one; it's an amazing kit.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, really sleek build! Nothing to critique build wise on it, but if you plan to build another one some day (you should! :P) i would recommend;

- Get the Eduard resin wheels. Worth every penny. The wheels are pretty much the only weak point detailwise OOB on the kit and resin replacements will really lift the model.

- I am a believer that wiring on landing gear really helps the model a lot too, especially for a large model like this one and in a large scale like this. Otherwise it looks slightly bare, imho.

But as said otherwise it is a fantastic model, well done!

On 11/30/2017 at 8:41 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Do it, it is an investment and build you wont regret. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Berkut said:

Wow, really sleek build! Nothing to critique build wise on it, but if you plan to build another one some day (you should! :P) i would recommend;

- Get the Eduard resin wheels. Worth every penny. The wheels are pretty much the only weak point detailwise OOB on the kit and resin replacements will really lift the model.

- I am a believer that wiring on landing gear really helps the model a lot too, especially for a large model like this one and in a large scale like this. Otherwise it looks slightly bare, imho.

But as said otherwise it is a fantastic model, well done!

Do it, it is an investment and build you wont regret. :thumbsup:

Thanks Berkut! Were I doing it again I would definitely get the Eduard wheels. Sadly, life's too short and there are too many other models :)

The one thing that really irritates me is the four missing pitots (?) under the front fuselage.

Cheers

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...