HpH 48th scale B-36

Several questions loom about this kit.

1. Of all the photos I've seen, NONE show the transparencies which can make or break this kit!!  What kind are they??  Vac or injection mold plastic???  Resin (prone to yellow)???  

2. Main components are fiberglass.  What is used to glue fiberglass???  CA???

3. What will this monster weigh??? Display issues???

4. Decals???  Another missing part, or at least not shown, part of this expensive kit.

Any answers to these questions???

I understand 83 of the 100 kits have been sold already!!

Bo

No clue on the kit.

Use polyester resin or epoxy to glue fiberglass. Hobby shops catering to RC, good auto parts, or marine supply stores will have the stuff you need. Make sure you roughen the glue surface to ensure a good bond. 

Have you tried contacting them directly? Do they list a shipping weight somewhere? If so then that would give you a general idea of its weight. Bottom line is that a 1/48 B-36 is going to have some bulk to it both in sheer size and weight. If you have a 1/48 B-29 you could probably ballpark the weight.

post-3084027-0-85525800-1383949550.jpg

Far too big and pricey for me personally but good luck to you. Enjoy!

Regards,

Don.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Don
6 hours ago, Don said:

Have you tried contacting them directly? Do they list a shipping weight somewhere? If so then that would give you a general idea of its weight. Bottom line is that a 1/48 B-36 is going to have some bulk to it both in sheer size and weight. If you have a 1/48 B-29 you could probably ballpark the weight.

post-3084027-0-85525800-1383949550.jpg

Far too big and pricey for me personally but good luck to you. Enjoy!

Regards,

Don.

EDIT: Spelling.

Haven't tried contacting them directly and that's going to be my next obvious step.  Hoped forum members might know.

It IS a bit concerning that HpH hasn't shown clear parts; especially when this kit cost $700 - $800!! You'd kinda like to know EVERYTHING about it, decals and all, B4 you shell out that kinda money for a kit.

HpH might wanna revisit their marketing plan for it, ya think??  Maybe not since they've already sold 83 of the 100 planned kits!! LOL!!

Bo

HPH's clear parts are usually resin (not prone to yellowing, that might have been a problem in another decade) and they are excellent. They make superb masters for the transparencies and care in particular for consistent thickness to eliminate lens effects (look for reviews of their 1:32 Catalina kit, the observer's blisters are particularly impressive).

The kits come with a 2-part glue which I think is basically a fast setting resin (not sure though whether it's epoxy or urethane).

I haven't seen the decals or the B-36 kit, but on their website it says the kit includes decals and masks.

Jeffrey

Alright, I posted my questions to HpH on their website 4 Dec and awaiting Moderator.  You'll know when I know.

Bo

EDIT: 15 Dec. and no reply from Moderator.  Moderators stay busy this time of year.

Edited by jabow
Update