I meant no disrespect to Bullseye, but I don’t and won’t join facebook to view anything on their site.  

It is also my opinion a real company should have a real website, not just a social media presence.   But you know what they say about opinions......

4 hours ago, Mizar said:

are they the former Afterburner Decals?

Bulleye is half of the duo that made up Afterburner Decals, the other half formed Furball Aero Design. Afterburner Decals shut down and split up back in 2012 (IIRC). Bulleye specializes in USAF subjects (they have produced 1 USN subject), Furball specializes in USN/USMC subjects but does other subjects, including photo-etch detail sets.

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

I meant no disrespect to Bullseye, but I don’t and won’t join facebook to view anything on their site.  

It is also my opinion a real company should have a real website, not just a social media presence.   But you know what they say about opinions......

Well,

Considering the fact they sell their sheets exclusively through Spruebrothers, having a web site is pretty pointless. There is also the detail of them having 2373 modelers following their Facebook page.

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Well,

Considering the fact they sell their sheets exclusively through Spruebrothers, having a web site is pretty pointless. There is also the detail of them having 2373 modelers following their Facebook page.

Well,

My beef is with facebook (and all social media in general) not Bullseye. 

Speaking of followers, Afterburner had a very good presence here on ARC - and a dedicated website and domain name - when they were active.  Bullseye has not posted on ARC at all as far as I know.  Seems they are the ones ignoring a viable and targeted market by not doing so.

9 hours ago, habu2 said:

Well,

Speaking of followers, Afterburner had a very good presence here on ARC - and a dedicated website and domain name - when they were active.  Bullseye has not posted on ARC at all as far as I know.  Seems they are the ones ignoring a viable and targeted market by not doing so.

Well,

You missed the part where Afterburner got banned from ARC and their manufactures forum was  deleted.  THAT didn’t help the business.  Not one bit.

And Bullseye not posting...Did you get the part about being banned from ARC?  Yeah, you can’t post.  Not since 2008 anyway:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/profile/4770-afterburner-decals-scott/

As for ignoring a viable market, no, no they don't.  They’re on Facebook.  It doesn’t tolerate the crap that nearly did in AB back in 2008.

But it’s good you don’t have a “beef” with Bullseye.  Maybe you can quite taking shots at em?

Edited by Sabre Freak
13 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Bulleye is half of the duo that made up Afterburner Decals, the other half formed Furball Aero Design. Afterburner Decals shut down and split up back in 2012 (IIRC). Bulleye specializes in USAF subjects (they have produced 1 USN subject), Furball specializes in USN/USMC subjects but does other subjects, including photo-etch detail sets.

thank you ^^

Luigi

6 hours ago, Sabre Freak said:

But it’s good you don’t have a “beef” with Bullseye.  Maybe you can quite taking shots at em?

If you think I’m taking shots at Bullseye you misinterpteted my posts. Pardon the pun but my “bullseye” is drawn on facebook... :monkeydance:

I didn’t miss the drama of ARC and Afterburner, I know the parties involved and I know the back story. Having said that I will mention Bullseye doesn't post or have a manufacturers forum on Z5 either. That’s not a criticism or a shot at Bullseye, simply an observation.  Don’t try to read too much into it.

58 minutes ago, habu2 said:

If you think I’m taking shots at Bullseye you misinterpteted my posts. Pardon the pun but my “bullseye” is drawn on facebook... :monkeydance:

I didn’t miss the drama of ARC and Afterburner, I know the parties involved and I know the back story. Having said that I will mention Bullseye doesn't post or have a manufacturers forum on Z5 either. That’s not a criticism or a shot at Bullseye, simply an observation.  Don’t try to read too much into it.

Simply put, the exposure on Facebook is vastly greater than the forums. On average, the forums (ARC, Z5, HS, LSP, etc) have about 1500 active members each. Obviously, these numbers fluctuate. On Facebook, the ARC group has over 10,000 members. Most of the modeling related groups on FB have well over 5K members each. As I mentioned earlier, the individual companies FB pages have more people following them there than they do on the forums.

I'm a small company and don't release stuff all that often and I'm at about 1200. Furball has 4,000, Bullseye has 2300, Twobobs has over 10,000.

While I am aware many of you don't like FB, it has proven to be the best way to get the word out about new items. Heck, I have a forum on Z5 and I almost never use it.

15 hours ago, habu2 said:

Well,

Lemme tell you a story that happened in 2008...

Wait..Sabre Freak already did that. 

• 2 weeks later...