Bad Trader Warning: Peter Montreuil

Greetings to All:

Having conducted many trades and sales over the course of the last few years or so. It is unfortunate that the ONLY bad trade I ever had the misfortune to have to deal with was one of the very "first" trades that I did over three years ago on Hyperscale. Here are the details of my trade with Peter Montreuil of Brampton, Ontario Canada.

1) Peter and I concluded a trade in early 2001...(yes, three and a half years ago!!!) in which I will send him eleven (11) 1/48 scale jet kits in return for two airliner kits.

2) Peter acknowledged in mid MARCH of 2001 that he had in fact received my kits and that he will mail me my kits "next Wednesday-payday" (promise #1).

3) A month later (APRIL), nothing showed up. I wrote Peter again and asked about "my" kits.

4) He apologized and "promised" to send a "little extra" (promise #2) to compensate for his tardiness along with his "explanation" (promise #3) and assurance that he will send the kits. (promise #4).

5) Then in early MAY, another email came about how he will "explain himself" (promise #5) (e. g.) on May 14 of 2001 and also, that he would send my kits (e. g.) on May 22 of 2001 (promise #6). Then all went quiet...all further emails sent by me went unanswered.

So after 2 specific promises to "explain" his action and 3 specific promises on dates that he will send the kits, he just disappeared....till mid July of 2004. Almost three and half years later!!!

In July 14, 2004 out of the blue, Peter contacted me and acknowledged again that he owes me. He said that he was struck by a car in May 2003 just when he was about to send me my kits. He also said that he was in a coma for 6 weeks and that he has some serious health problems ever since and how he finally was able to "dressed himself" that very day that he emailed me.

The problem was that I had sent him those kits a full TWO years prior to his "accident" in which time he has not reciprocated. And lo and behold, he was struck down by god just when he was about to fulfill his commitment. Again, in that first email in over three years, Peter offered to immediately give me a "freebie" as his token of remorse (sounds familiar?). Yet, he still make another promise (#7) to send my kits "WHEN" he is finally well enough to return to work. Apparently, those two kits were still in his locker at work for three years now!!! I wonder how many employers will allow you to keep personal items in your locker for years when you are no longer "actively" employed there.

I had noticed someone fitting his "profile" over at ARC for a little while now and when he wrote me last week, he finally confirmed that he is who he is. It seems that since his "reemergence" early this year he has been doing trading, posting and bantering on ARC and managed to build himself a reputation as a "good" trader. But the fact remains that Peter still uses his "assorted" personal problems as his excuses for his not fulfilling his obligations till this day.

Within the last three and half years, if any one of you has ever gotten any 1/48 jets kits without a box from Peter. Chances are, they were my kits. If anyone ever gotten a 1/72 KMC-727 and an 1/72 Aurora DC-9 from Peter, chances are, those were the kits that he owes me. So ladies and gents...considered yourselves warned.

Now, for those of you who considered yourselves' Peter's "friends" and supporters. Before you respond here and sings his praise. Please, do yourselves a favor, just ask your friend Peter 3 simple questions.

1) Did I not sent him those 11 kits in March of 2001?

2) Did he ever sent me those 2 airliner kits?

3) If he had not...then why not???

If he is honest like you all would claim. Then the answer to the 3 questions would be

1) Yes, I did.

2) No he didn't

3) What ever "reason" he would give you.

But, if he is a liar and a cheat like I claim that he is. Then his "answers" would be whatever 'excuses" he can make at the moment.

Peter, you got to stop lying and misleading your friends about this sorry transaction so that they would come here to defend you. YOU have to defend yourself by coming clean, and not blaming your marital or health problems.

Remember...Figures don't lie and liars don't figure...

Thanks to the moderators for their indulgence.

Yuk Kui Ng

While you have stated your case, I for one will stand up for Peter. I know him to be a man of his word.

If Peter says you will get what you are owed, you will.

As for his "excuses", ask any one of his freinds here, and Peter's health problems and personal issues are genuine.

I also will back Peters accident, and yes being a government worker, our employer, the provence of Ontario, or the federal government for that matter, MUST hold our jobs in case of accidents like the one Peter had.

I dont think he aimed to get himself hit by a car.

I cant answer for what happened in the past, but Peter has had some horrible things happen to him in the past couple years.

The guy is good for his dealings, sometimes Canada Post looses what we send or buy.

I know they have lost some of the stuff I have ordered.

In fact two months ago they lost a large shipment from Two Bobs I had ordered. Lucky for me Bob is ALSO a man of his word and replaced what was lost.

And yes I do consider Peter a friend.

At least your letter is well thought out and not inflamatory, I hope the two of you can work out the problem. :lol:

"Phantom":

First of all, can't blame Canada Post on losing the items when he never sent them out. In fact, as of a month ago, he still promised to sent them.

"Smithery"

A man of his words? It has been almost 3 1/2 years now and he still hasn't "delivered". Am I being unfair and "impatient" then after only waiting for 3 1/2 years?

Yuk

Yuk,

Although I didn't have had the opportunity to trade with Peter I too am convinced he's a man of his word .

I've been reading about him for the last year and he just seems to be a very integer person, Mike from down under will certainly confirm this as he's been trading with Peter regularly .

I'm afraid, you're the exception on the rule ...

Stef

Yuk,

I'll have to say my experiance has been positive with Peter. I do consider Peter a Friend also. This is something for you to sort out and I do hope that it comes to a successful outcome.

:lol:

Emil

Boy, Yuk, you sure have picked the wrong forum to slam one of the most admired gouys here at the ARC community! I don't think that any of the regulars here that know Peter well and have traded amicably with hin through the years would even think that he would be trying to stiff you and we all know the problems he has had to over come and in a pinch IMHO everyone would back him up!

I have lost kits through the years for many reasons whether from accident or interpersonal issues. What I don't do is obsess for years and cry myself to sleep at night due to the fact that I my dog ate my airfix Buccaneer or my girlfriend through out my Battle Axe F-84 after we got into an arguement!

Get over it man! I know Peter will sort thing out without you having to try to tarnish his name with his friends!

:lol: :taunt::taunt: :blink: :(

Boy, Yuk, you sure have picked the wrong forum to slam one of the most admired gouys here at the ARC community! I don't think that any of the regulars here that know Peter well and have traded amicably with hin through the years would even think that he would be trying to stiff you and we all know the problems he has had to over come and in a pinch IMHO everyone would back him up!

I have lost kits through the years for many reasons whether from accident or interpersonal issues. What I don't do is obsess for years and cry myself to sleep at night due to the fact that I my dog ate my airfix Buccaneer or my girlfriend through out my Battle Axe F-84 after we got into an arguement!

Get over it man! I know Peter will sort thing out without you having to try to tarnish his name with his friends!

:lol: :taunt::taunt: :blink: :(

I think that Yuk has a legitimate beef. I'm sure that if you were stiffed for 11 1/48 kits you would be upset as well.

Peter needs to square up or this bad trader alert should stand.

Kevin

Nitka

First of all, this man disappered from Hyperscale for years after we agreed on our trade. He just resurfaced here on ARC only within this year. So hiding out somewhere else is not a sign of a honest trader.

Second of all, why shouldn't I come here to post? Just because he made some "friends" here I shouldn't be posting it? As for being "obessed", what part of he "disappearing" for years that you don't understand? I certainly wasn't out hunting for him and tracking him down. So, it is OK here on ARC to not follow through on a trade and just ime just slipped by and hide behind your "friends" then?

One time, I also considered him a "freind" too. That was why I went ahead and sent him the kits first.

Yuk

Nitka

First of all, this man disappered from Hyperscale for years after we agreed on our trade. He just resurfaced here on ARC only within this year. So hiding out somewhere else is not a sign of a honest trader.

Second of all, why shouldn't I come here to post? Just because he made some "friends" here I shouldn't be posting it? As for being "obessed", what part of he "disappearing" for years that you don't understand? I certainly wasn't out hunting for him and tracking him down. So, it is OK here on ARC to not follow through on a trade and just ime just slipped by and hide behind your "friends" then?

One time, I also considered him a "freind" too. That was why I went ahead and sent him the kits first.

Yuk

Now don't twist my words into something for your advantage. I did not say you had no right to post hear or not. What I was trying to imply is that to what understanding I can find is that there is an issue between you and Peter, which is a matter between the two of you. Now if you want to try to refute Peter's integrity here, there are a number of people here who will have other opinions due to their experiences with him. So, I would not say he is hiding behind his friends, but after four years he has not forgotten about you and is still trying to resolve the issue does not sound like somebody who is hiding. What the issue is, is that you decide to slam a man with a great reputation for being a fair and prompt trader here and you just expect sympathy?

Nitka

>>I did not say you had no right to post hear or not. What I was trying to imply is that to what understanding I can find is that there is an issue between you and Peter, which is a matter between the two of you.

Isn't that what all bad trader alert supposed to be? Unresolved issues between two parties...?

>but after four years he has not forgotten about you and is still trying to resolve the issue does not sound like somebody who is hiding

What attempt has he made to "resolve" the issue sir, other then giving me another "promise"? I find it "interesing" that he contacted me after all these years just within weeks of my "registering" on this site.

>>What the issue is, is that you decide to slam a man with a great reputation for being a fair and prompt trader here and you just expect sympathy?

Where in my original post did I requested or expected "sympathies"? If I want sympathies, I''ll go to the Chicken Ranch...oh never mind, they're not in business anymore.

Yuk

Yuk,

We're just saying that it is a hard sell for you being the new guy here, against a person we all know and have traded with successfully. I'm not trying to slam you and if you do have a ligitimate beef I hope it is resolved.

:cheers:

Emil

Tend to agree with Emil with regards to being new on the board and then posting a "bad trader" alert. From what you have been posting, it appears that you have targeted Peter from the onset.

I am not aware of Peter's trading past prior to coming onto ARC, but I know this; Peter is an upright straight bloke who happens to be one of the most popular members of the ARC community. My first trade has gone extremely well and we have negotiated several more all rolled into two big shipments.

I spoke to Peter on the weekend after HE rang me. Not the behavior of a bad trader methinks

I will not and have not hesitated to do business with Peter now or in the future. I will back him to the hilt. As we Aussies say "he is a beaut bloke" :cheers:

I hope you sort your issues out and all smooths over.

In the meantime, happy modelling

:cheers:

MikeJ

"Smithery"

A man of his words? It has been almost 3 1/2 years now and he still hasn't "delivered". Am I being unfair and "impatient" then after only waiting for 3 1/2 years?

Yuk

Yuk,

I don't question your beef with Peter. All I say is that based on what I know of Peter, he is a man of his word, and has fallen on to some hard times that I would wish on no one. I have not traded with him, nor have I ever met the man. My experiences with him have been emails back and forth, and a lot of online banter. I also put a lot of faith in the kind words other people I trust here have lauded on Peter and his generosity.

I don't care if you are new to the community; you are entitled to an explanation. I for one, am sure Peter will give you one.

All I ask is that you give him an opportunity to clean up some of the mess in his personal affairs first.

IMHO, everyone here are equals, so if there is a beef between two of us, then it should be handled between the individuals involved.

I, too, consider Peter a friend. The dealings I've had with him were honest, and swiftly executed. No snags at all.

I offer no explanation for the time which has elasped from the onset of this deal, but I would simply ask you to continue working with Peter to it's amicable end.

Truly appreciate all here at ARC, old & new alike.....

Happy modeling,

Jim :cheers:

Gentlemen:

Madmike:

>Tend to agree with Emil with regards to being new on the board and then posting a "bad trader" alert.

So, being new precludes one from having bad trades then? Should I serve an "apprenticeship" here first before I am worthy of posting a bad trader alert?

>From what you have been posting, it appears that you have targeted Peter from the onset.

That's right sir, I did targeted Peter. I am the "new" guy on the block so I picked on the biggest guy here to build myself a reputation. Sort of in the old wild west days with the young guns you know?

Smithery:

>I don't care if you are new to the community; you are entitled to an explanation. I for one, am sure Peter will give you one.

Thank you sir. That is what I was expecting all these years, an "explanation" . But so far, all I got was "excuses" and a disappearing act.

Sabre:

>but I would simply ask you to continue working with Peter to it's amicable end.

There is nothing to "work on" sir. All Peter need to do is comply with the original terms of the trade. And that hasn't happened yet.

Yuk

First off, thanks to my friends who've stuck up for me. I truly do appreciate it.

Yuk, I agree with some of your posting. However, I never recall hearing anything at all from you for quite some time. I do not recall you sending me any series of emails. When I finally contacted you, as I have my own Internet access at home now, I don't recall saying that I had been hit by the car just before I could mail you your kits. Nor do I remember saying that I had finally dressed myself the very day I emailed you. Your snide crack about "lo and behold...." is not only incorrect, it's also a pretty pathetic attempt at melodrama. I contacted you because I wanted to make the situation right. I explained to you that I was currently away from those two kits, and did offer something as a gesture in the meantime, a Bandai YS-11. You rather curtly dismissed me, saying you'd "written those kits off long ago", and wishing me "well". In fact, the kits are in my locker at work. The day of my accident, I lost my keyring as well as my employee ID and pass at the hospital. I need my key replaced before I can get into my locker. I have notified my boss, and Admin is working on that problem. I never siad I would mail them "WHEN" I return to work. I visit the office from time to time as I recuperate, and once I had the key, I would have been able to get into the locker.

I'll now answer your question "...how many employers will allow you to keep personal items in your locker for years when you are no longer "actively" employed there?" An employer where you have worked for 27 years will, when you are on long term disability, will. For your information, my office, Office 2, sits waiting silently for me, a yellow rubber duck on the blotter holding down a sheet of paper with the words "I'll be Bach!" printed in my hand.

I tried to make things up to you, but you appeared to be more interested in doing an electronic "Sack Dance" than resolution. I'm sorry. I'm not blameless here, BUT I would feel a lot worse about it if I hadn't contacted you and been rebuffed. By the way, for all the time you were "aware" of a "perp" fitting my description here on ARC, I never got an Email or a Personal Message from you of any kind.

I'm sorry. I hope that others will continue to deal with me as they have in the past. I wish you luck and good fortune, Yuk.

Cheers, Peter :cheers:

Jane*Sigh!* :cheers:

Yuk

Madmike:

>Tend to agree with Emil with regards to being new on the board and then posting a "bad trader" alert.

So, being new precludes one from having bad trades then? Should I serve an "apprenticeship" here first before I am worthy of posting a bad trader alert?

>From what you have been posting, it appears that you have targeted Peter from the onset.

<_<

That's right sir, I did targeted Peter. I am the "new" guy on the block so I picked on the biggest guy here to build myself a reputation. Sort of in the old wild west days with the young guns you know?

Read into my post how you will. Airing a 3 year old bad deal on this discussion board as a "bad trade" is really unproductive. Yes, I do view this as an attempt to put a slur on Peter's reputation as a trader. Your arguement is with him and if there are old issues between the two of you, I am sure that being two mature adults, you can sort out the matter privately.

Being new and "mouthing off" sets a bad precedence for you as a forum member I am afraid.

You will find that I and others will stand firmly behind Peter. I have never had any reason to change my opinon or stance.

:cheers: and happy modelling

MikeJ

Guest Todd P in AZ

Thanks for the heads up Yuk. It sucks being the new guy I also got taken by an ARC member for quite a few kits. Now I just go else where to trade. I do hope Peter makes it right. 3 1/2 years is a very long time to wait . I can't remember it taking me more than a 1/2 hour to go to the post office and mail something.

Take care,

Todd

Peter:

>I never recall hearing anything at all from you for quite some time.

> I don't recall saying that I had been hit by the car just before I could mail you your kits.

>Nor do I remember saying that I had finally dressed myself the very day I emailed you.

Since you have a problem "recalling" things, I guess you don't recalled that you said that you have some memory problems as a result of your accident then?

To help with your "recollection", why don't you reread some of your emails to me back in July?

>I never siad I would mail them "WHEN" I return to work

Again, read your own emails Peter.

>For your information, my office, Office 2, sits waiting silently for me, a yellow rubber duck on the blotter holding down a sheet of paper with the words "I'll be Bach!" printed in my hand.

Really...? Do Jane knows about that rubber ducky?

>I tried to make things up to you, but you appeared to be more interested in doing an electronic "Sack Dance" than resolution.

And what did you do to make it up to me other then another "promise" (#7 I believe...?)?

>I'm sorry. I'm not blameless here,

Oh no, it's all my fault.

>>By the way, for all the time you were "aware" of a "perp" fitting my description here on ARC, I never got an Email or a Personal Message from you of any kind.

The last time you wrote me was under Peter Montreuil. I don't know who Phrozen98 phan was and I have reason to contact that person until I am sure who it was.

Now Peter, what is your reason for not sending out the kits in the months and years prior to your accident?

Have a good evening.

Yuk

Sorry i may not have dealt with 98phan before, but from what i read about him, just check the good trader list, and from the general posts by him and others, i'm inclined to believe that he is a decent person who will do the right thing.

Todd P in AZ, how can you say 'thanks for the heads up' so quickly? Especially given the responses in this thread, i also notice that the whole 2 posts you have made are both in the bad trader section, i'm sorry but the ARC community is full o decent people and in my time here i have not yet come across one bad guy, and that is despite quite a few trades! Now either you are willing to discount the evidence in this thread so easily or i smell a rat!

I personally think if you have a problem with the member then address them, here or through e-mail, there is no point in getting involved in a bad way if you do not have all the facts.

Sorry that is hardly eloquant as it late here and i need sleep, but i take exception to some of the things said in this thread.

Madmike:

> Airing a 3 year old bad deal on this discussion board as a "bad trade" is really unproductive.

Really? You want to send me some kits in which I would promise you anything and 3 years from now you'll forgive me after I come out of hiding?

>I do view this as an attempt to put a slur on Peter's reputation as a trader.

Did I succeeded??

>Your arguement is with him and if there are old issues between the two of you, I am sure that being two mature adults, you can sort out the matter privately.

In that case, why do this Bad Trader board exist then...if not to air out unfinished business?

>Being new and "mouthing off" sets a bad precedence for you as a forum member I am afraid.

Don't be afraid sir...I am the new sheriff in town...I'll protect you.

>You will find that I and others will stand firmly behind Peter.

I expect you to sir. That is what friends are for.

Yuk