Bad Trader Warning: Peter Montreuil

Todd P: By simply saying "an ARCer", you place a stigma on all of us. Just post the facts, and the truth will prevail.

If there actually is a dishonest trader amongst us, we would like to know.

Happy modeling,

Jim

Build a bridge and get over it Yuk, it is 3 years ago now and it is time to move on!

Contact Peter direct and sort it out with him if this is such an issue with you after so long, as the bad traders forum is for RECENT bad trades, not ancient history.

:cheers: and happy modelling

MikeJ

Bullet

> Sorry i may not have dealt with 98phan before, but from what i read about him,

>Todd P in AZ, how can you say 'thanks for the heads up' so quickly?

You supported Peter based on what you "read" about him. Yet you attacked Todd for doing the same thing. I am sure Todd can defend himself on that matter.

>Now either you are willing to discount the evidence in this thread so easily or i smell a rat!

Have you read the respones so far? Most of them are in defense of Peter without addressing the points I made. "He's a great trader", "He's my friend", but so far, no one has addressed Peter as to why he is so tardy in perfomrning his end of the transaction. No one has come and said "You DIDN'T sent him anythng". NO one has said "Peter sent you those kits long ago". NO one has denied my accusations of those points. Peter himself in a earlier response above didn't addressed those points. IF I was WRONG, wouldn't Peter himself would say that?

Wouldn't Peter himself would said "I never received your kits". " I sent those airliner kits years ago". Yet, why is that he never denied those charges??? Maybe because they are true...hmmm???

>Sorry that is hardly eloquant as it late here and i need sleep,

Good night sir, have a good evening.

Yuk out (cold)

As I've previously stated, I made my belated attempt to resolve the situation, and was rebuffed by you. I regret that, as it was my intention to bring this matter to a close.

I'm wondering why you didn't get back to me a couple of weeks ago. We had had an email dialogue, and when I mentioned that I was prepared to send you the YS-11 as a temporary paliative, you said that you'd had one and given it away.

Actually, I've been "dressing myself" for almost a year now. I'm not quite sure what your "Does Jane know..?" has to do with the price of apples in Oregon, by the way.

To my friends, I appreciate your defence. Thank you. Please consider the matter closed.

Mr Ng has my email address.

Cheers, Peter :cheers:

Jane*You never told me you had a duck!* :cheers:

Madmike

> Build a bridge and get over it Yuk, it is 3 years ago now and it is time to move on!

>Contact Peter direct and sort it out with him if this is such an issue with you after so long, as the bad traders forum is for RECENT bad trades, not ancient history.

So, there is a statue of limitation on bad trade then? OK, I'll try to explain this simplly. This is NOT a trade in which continous communicaton has taken place and after 3 years, still no result. This is a trade in which one party just upped and disappeared leaving the other party in the dark. Got that...???

Good night, or in your case, g'day.

Yuk

Peter

>I made my belated attempt to resolve the situation,

Your "attempt" consisted of "promises" to deliver. You need to deliver and not promise. Talk is cheap...

>as it was my intention to bring this matter to a close.

All you need to do is"deliver". I can't send that kit out for you to myself.

>I've been "dressing myself" for almost a year now.

In that case, why did you tell me that you finally "dressed" yourself that very day you wrote me then? Read your eamils please.

>Mr Ng has my email address.

What good is your email address when you chose to reply when you feel like it. I like it out here in the "open".

Yuk

Yuk-

First of all, I'm not taking sides here between you and Peter. I don't even know the guy, nor have I ever traded with him.I'm just voicing my opinion.

I can understand your situation from your point of view to an extent. However, I do think you were looking to target Peter tonight and slander his name. This same topic is over on Hyperscale as well. On your behalf, 3 years is a long time to resolve a trade. However, with Peter having been in a coma for 6 weeks, doesn't mean that as soon as he came out of it, he was running the 10k. Recovering from something like that takes time, and I'm sure his first priority is/was his health. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, and something tragic happened to you, you would probably expect a little sympathy during your recovery, whether it lasted 1 day or 2 years.

I also think what everybody is telling you concerning you being a newbie is, the general rule of thumb is try to reasonably work the problem out between yourself and the other party offline first, and as a last resort, then you can post your bad trader alert.

Brian Marbrey

This is my final word to you on the subject in this forum, Mr Ng. I emailed you last month to attempt to resolve the situation. I explained what had happened, and that I wanted to make amends to you. I offered you the YS-11 as a token of remorse, and explained that the other kits were at work, in my locker. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of your emails, but you dismissed my attempted atonement out of hand, stating that you'd "written off those kits years ago" and wishing me "luck". Those, IIRC, are direct quotes from your emails.

We exchanged 3 emails last month, as I recall. You said nothing to indicate that you wanted to have any kind oif dialogue regarding the situation.

By the way, you mentioned not being sure who "phrozen98phan@sympatico.ca was. When I emailed you the first time last month, I made it plain who I was.

To now post sarcastic comments such as "I can't send that kit out for you to myself" frankly baffles me.

As I said, this is my final word on this subject on this forum. You have my email address.

Again, I thank my friends for their support, but please don't worry about this situation.

Cheers, Peter :cheers:

Jane :cheers:

Yuk,

apart from a few, the majority of us here on ARC are over 16 and are therefore adults.If you have a beef with Peter,do it off board via private email and not on here.My honest opinion of Peter is of someone who is a reel nice bloke.

it would appear,however,that you have your mind set which is your choice but please don't come on here and tear people to shreds.A bad trader alert is just a quick heads-up to say you have had a wee problem and that's it.It doesn't mean you rip people to shreds man!.

weegie

Build a bridge and get over it Yuk, it is 3 years ago now and it is time to move on!

Contact Peter direct and sort it out with him if this is such an issue with you after so long, as the bad traders forum is for RECENT bad trades, not ancient history.

MikeJ

Gentlemen,

Personally, I cannot vouch for anything more than a year or so, but Peter had sent me some free Phantom decals, which was much appreciated. And I just sent him a unit hat and 3 patches, which I know he appreciated.

As a Moderator and being unbiased, I wanted to address Mike's comment about recent trades issues only. That's where I disagree. If someone comes across a site where they find someone that they had a failed deal with, they have every right to post a message. And, that person and his supporters have every right to respond.

That being said, I hope this issue is resolved.

Regards

Ken

MikeJ

Gentlemen,

Personally, I cannot vouch for anything more than a year or so, but Peter had sent me some free Phantom decals, which was much appreciated. And I just sent him a unit hat and 3 patches, which I know he appreciated.

As a Moderator and being unbiased, I wanted to address Mike's comment about recent trades issues only. That's where I disagree. If someone comes across a site where they find someone that they had a failed deal with, they have every right to post a message. And, that person and his supporters have every right to respond.

That being said, I hope this issue is resolved.

Regards

Ken

True, Ken, but the point remains that this guy is merely out to slander Peter! If this is the way this guy treats an alleged bad trade I'd surely hate to be on the receiving end of his scorn if I were to do something trully heinous such as spilling his milk! :P

:) :) :crying::crying:

I don't know either of the parties involved, but if I understand the thread correctly- Yuk is still owed kits from a 3-year old deal, which Peter (by his own admission) hasn't come through on. Yuk has tried to resolve the issue offline, but unsuccessfully. So he's used the 'Bad Trader' board entirely for its intended purpose, and posted his grievance in a logical and factual manner. Peter has obviously suffered some personal circumstances which may have prevented him from finalising the deal for a while, which can happen to anyone and he has my sympathies. However, he's obviously been dealing/trading with many ARCers recently, so one has to wonder why he hasn't given more priority to Yuk's outstanding transaction.

Seems to me that, no matter how many of Peter's friends leap blindly to his defence, and no matter how many good trades he's had, the fact remains- Yuk has still, up to this point, not had his part of the deal successfully resolved. That's the issue, and despite your protests Peter, the matter ISN'T closed until you've fulfilled your part of that deal.

Brian (VF-103)

>However, with Peter having been in a coma for 6 weeks, doesn't mean that as soon as he came out of it, he was running the 10k. Recovering from something like that takes time, and I'm sure his first priority is/was his health.

Yes sir, I agree with you on the seriousness of his accident. But his failure to come through predated his accident by years.

Peter:

>We exchanged 3 emails last month, as I recall. You said nothing to indicate that you wanted to have any kind oif dialogue regarding the situation.

What is there to "talk" about sir? You only need to comply with the terms of the original trade.

>To now post sarcastic comments such as "I can't send that kit out for you to myself" frankly baffles me.

Sarcastic? C'mon Peter, I thought you have a sense of humore on this board. Besides, what part of that statment is actionable on my end?

Weegie:

>that you have your mind set which is your choice but please don't come on here and tear people to shreds.A bad trader alert is just a quick heads-up to say you have had a wee problem and that's it.It doesn't mean you rip people to shreds man!.

What part of the "facts" of my original post that you have problem with sir? Talking about shredding people here, have you seen the comments directed to me without regards to the facts of the this sorry transaction?

Ken:

>>As a Moderator and being unbiased, I wanted to address Mike's comment about recent trades issues only. That's where I disagree. If someone comes across a site where they find someone that they had a failed deal with, they have every right to post a message. And, that person and his supporters have every right to respond.

Thank you for your "unbiased" observations. Let all stick with the facts and not a personality contest.

Nitka:

>>but the point remains that this guy is merely out to slander Peter!

Again, what part of the "fact" that I presented that you have problem with sir? Stick with the fact sir not blind loyalty to a friend.

>If this is the way this guy treats an alleged bad trade I'd surely hate to be on the receiving end of his scorn if I were to do something trully heinous such as spilling his milk!

Actually, after years of trading and selling on Hyperscale. This is my first ever bad trader post. As for an "allerged" bad trade, what part of my "facts" you have a problem with sir??? Being lactose intolerant, I wouldn't get mad at you for spiling my milk...:))

Terry:

>> I don't know either of the parties involved, but if I understand the thread correctly- Yuk is still owed kits from a 3-year old deal, which Peter (by his own admission) hasn't come through on. Yuk has tried to resolve the issue offline, but unsuccessfully. So he's used the 'Bad Trader' board entirely for its intended purpose, and posted his grievance in a logical and factual manner. Peter has obviously suffered some personal circumstances which may have prevented him from finalising the deal for a while, which can happen to anyone and he has my sympathies. However, he's obviously been dealing/trading with many ARCers recently, so one has to wonder why he hasn't given more priority to Yuk's outstanding transaction.

>>Seems to me that, no matter how many of Peter's friends leap blindly to his defence, and no matter how many good trades he's had, the fact remains- Yuk has still, up to this point, not had his part of the deal successfully resolved. That's the issue, and despite your protests Peter, the matter ISN'T closed until you've fulfilled your part of that deal.

THANK YOU SIR...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...Finally, someone who sees the truth of the whole matter without being blinded by loyalty to a 'friend". Sure like to make your acquaintance someday sir.

And speaking of "questions". Now, Peter you never answered my "questions' that I posted on the bad trader alert. So let me ask you this;

1) Did I not sent him those 11 kits in March of 2001?

2) Did you ever sent me those 2 airliner kits?

3) If not...then why not Peter???

You had promised to give your "explaination" at least 2 specific times years ago. Don't you think that I deserve an explanation my friend?

Yuk

Yuk has tried to resolve the issue offline, but unsuccessfully. So he's used the 'Bad Trader' board entirely for its intended purpose, and posted his grievance in a logical and factual manner.

Seems to me that, no matter how many of Peter's friends leap blindly to his defence, and no matter how many good trades he's had, the fact remains- Yuk has still, up to this point, not had his part of the deal successfully resolved. That's the issue, and despite your protests Peter, the matter ISN'T closed until you've fulfilled your part of that deal.

I think you should reread my postings on it. I did try to resolve the issue a month ago, without success. In fact, Mr Ng would not even confirm his mailing address for me when I asked him to less than a month ago.

I said that this was my final word on THIS FORUM about it, as I have no desire for this harmonious site to turn mudslingy, like some other internet sites. Mr Ng has my email address.

Again, I appreciate all the support of my friends here, but please don't worry, this will be resolved. Let's get back to posting about models.

Cheers, Peter :stooges:

Jane :stupid:

Peter:

>I did try to resolve the issue a month ago, without success.

That right Peter, your attempted "resolution" consisted of giving me a "freebie". Which you also promised me years ago. But of course, that didn't showed up did it?

>In fact, Mr Ng would not even confirm his mailing address for me when I asked him to less than a month ago.

Look up my address in the big box that I sent the kit in Peter. Didn't you said that you have it "somwehere"? Besides, I don't need freebes from you just so you can say you'd sent me "something"

>Mr Ng has my email address.

What is there to write to you about Peter? You just need to comply...

>but please don't worry, this will be resolved.

That's right, just fulfilled your end and explain yourself.

Have a good day.

Yuk

Alright guys, lets just let Peter handle this and I know it will be resolved. I think we are just adding more fuel to the fire which is just playing into Yuck's grand scheme. Peter your reputation is untarnished with all of us that know you and have dealt with you.

Alright guys, lets just let Peter handle this and I know it will be resolved. I think we are just adding more fuel to the fire which is just playing into Yuck's grand scheme. Peter your reputation is untarnished with all of us that know you and have dealt with you.

Ditto!

I've kept quiet on this until now - frankly this sledging has gotten a little outta hand.

Freakin aye people! Dont start arguing here! We might get some bad words thrown around, and the little kids sure don't want to hear it, so please settle this outside of ARC!!!!!!!!!!!!