Wolfpak December 2017 Release

Folks:  Here are the latest sheets from Wolfpak Decals.  Will get images up as soon as I can figure with who to host them or if I can hotlink directly to my website.

Sheet 72-112 – The Devil’s Fork – $18.00 - First up from the most colorful era in Naval Aviation is a F4D-1 from VF-74.  It is followed by the F-18E from VFA-87 which downed a Syrian SU-22 this year.  From the Vietnam War the first TISEO equipped F-4E which was deployed to Da Nang for operational testing in combat.  A SU-22 in Syrian markings follows.  There are many units celebrating their 100th anniversary’s this year in the USAF.  The next subject is in anniversary markings of the 107th FS of the Michigan ANG.  Finally, options for one of two MC-130H’s, as requested.

Sheet 72-113 - Fighting Cocks - $11.00 – Starting off this sheet is a F/A-18D of VMFA-533 with the ATARS nose.  There are several conversion kits that allow you to do this variant of the Hornet.  A recent AV-8B+ Harrier from VMA-211 before their transition to F-35B’s is next.  Norway recently took delivery of their first 3 F-35A’s assigned to an operational unit.  Our next subject is one of these aircraft.  Alternative markings are for the commander’s jet of the 4th FS of the 388th FW at Hill AFB.  Note that this is a recently built F-35A without the lighter grey RAM tape/panels.  A Naval Reserve RF-8G in TPS markings using a light blue for some follows.  To round up this sheet is a F-15C from the 67th FS during the late 90’s at Kadena AB.

Sheet 12-17 – Thank You -  My complements with an order of $36.00 not to include shipping.  A SNJ-5 in Civil Air Patrol (wish we had one of these in Ohio when I was a member) markings starts off this sheet.  Jack Broughton, who wrote the book; “Thud Ridge”, flew the next aircraft on this sheet, “Alice’s Joy”, named for his wife.  The YHH-53C, prototype for the successful MH-53 series follows.  During WWII an experiment titled “Project Yehudi” sought to light aircraft to make them invisible by German submariners saw lights placed on B-24’s.  This experiment was tried again during the Vietnam War and called “Compass Ghost.”  A F-4C was used in this experiment in both lighted and unlighted configurations and with white or grey over white paint schemes.  Decals are provided for both.  The last subjects on this release are a pair of QF-86E drone conversions used by the Army at White Sands.  There are enough decals to do both aircraft.

Waiting on the arrival of the decals from the print shop so they should be on sale with a week or so.

http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-A112.html

http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-A113.html

http://millcreekconsultants.com/WP72-12-17.html

Phantom,

Yes, they are Canadair CL-13A MK-5's which the Army had Flight Systems purchase and modify for the drone role.  They were all registered with the FAA hence the "N" numbers.  When this was done they were designated QF-86E's by the Army.  A total of 55 jets were purchased.  

Gentlemen,  The decals are in, website updated and the buttons are hot!

Two Questions:

1. Does anyone still want additional copies of sheet 72-086 the RAM panels for the F-35A?  

2. What subjects would you like to see next year?

Mark

16 minutes ago, Slobodan said:

Speaking for myself, I would like to see decals for F-14A VF-1 that shot down Iraqi Mi-8 in Desert Storm and Michael Estocin A-4 VA-192 from Vietnam

+1,and naturally the aforomentioned OIF ATARS F-18Ds.I'll like to see for ODS also the Tornado GR.1 Awesome Annie,one of the better pin-up of the war...

Mark,

Interesting Phantom with the Yehudi lights -- know of any source for the light assemblies ... or diagrams?

I had to look up "Yehudi" (DUH) and learned that:

During the Vietnam War, Yehudi lights were again tried, this time mounted to an F-4 Phantom painted in a dull blue-and-white camouflage pattern. The experiment reduced by 30% the distance at which an observer visually acquired the Phantom.

Is the airplane you researched the same one that was tested  ... with a different camo pattern? Probably Thailand based ?

Gene K

Gene,

The only photos I have show the aircraft at Eglin AFB in Florida.  Could not find any from Thailand although that doesn't mean it wasn't tested there.  I'll shake the bushes and see what  additional I can find about the aircraft.  The color is very close to dark gull grey.  Thought it might have been dark ghost grey but it isn't that blue.  It may well be a custom mix from the nearest Sherwin-Williams store.  There are no sources for the lights.  I had thought of having them cast but finding someone to do the clear is difficult.  Getting into the chemistry they are so small even in 1/48 let alone 1/72 that even if baked the clear would still be sticky due to the length of the polymer chain.  It won't cure they tell me.  I will draw the light assembly in scale and post it on my website.  You will be able to import it in to a Word file and print it.  Give me a few days.

Mark

36 minutes ago, Mark S. said:

The only photos I have show the aircraft at Eglin AFB in Florida. 

Thanks, Mark.

My assumption would be that the same one-off aircraft  in the same camo was the one tested "during the Vietnam War" --  assuming that the camo complemented the lights. I assumed Thailand because that's where most of the air-to-air missions originated.

Would be great is you dug up some real info (vice my assumptions).  :worship:

Gene K

I would like to see NASA planes in 1/72. Not only experimental planes but any of the famous operational aircrafts that have been wearing NASA or NACA markings back on their development.

I would also like to see decals for the YF-22A  and YF-117A prototypes. Or decals for some grey F-117A's.

Aircraft that could use better decals:

Developmental/Experimental aircraft:

- F-15 prototypes

- XB-46 (Anigrand kit)

- XFV-12A (Anigrand kit) - blue/white scheme

- T-46 (Anigrand kit)

- YF-17 (Anigrand kit)

- XV-15 (Anigrand kit)

Operational aircraft:

- C-46

• 2 weeks later...

Nice decals for sure..... already ordered and received!

As for future projects, I'd like to see some of the following:

1) Orange and white training unit (VT-) TA-4Js. There's some TA-4J markings out there, but no standard training TA-4Js.

2) A-7B and/or A-6E VA-204

3) A-6E 159899 VA-195 two green camo

Thanks, Fred K.

A-7B 154362 VA-304 ND 400R.jpg

A-6E 159899 VA-165  511.jpg

How about some more S-3B Vikings...I've been wanting to do s low-vis version of the VS-33 'Screwbirds' and also the High-Vis VS-41 'Shamrocks'

Also, theres several new paint jobs on the Navy F-5N's the 'splinter' F-5 from the Saints and the Sundowners now have some new low-vis paint jobs that would be cool.

Also, some of the Tyndall & Holloman QF-4's in their final days were cool looking.

David

22 minutes ago, Djack said:

How about some more S-3B Vikings...I've been wanting to do s low-vis version of the VS-33 'Screwbirds' and also the High-Vis VS-41 'Shamrocks'

Also, theres several new paint jobs on the Navy F-5N's the 'splinter' F-5 from the Saints and the Sundowners now have some new low-vis paint jobs that would be cool.

Also, some of the Tyndall & Holloman QF-4's in their final days were cool looking.

David

PM me on the lo-vis VS-33 markings. I have the 1/72 Superscale sheet. I used the VS-32 markings for a guy who was in the squadron but the -33 markings will never be used.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, Mark S. said:

Gentlemen,  The decals are in, website updated and the buttons are hot!

Two Questions:

2. What subjects would you like to see next year?

Mark

I would like to see more early ANG subjects. 

Here is a resource that I put together for the 2017 Nationals about the Nebraska ANG aircraft, use it if you need to......

http://www.fortcrookipms.com/index.cfm?go=extra5