What's the best kit you built in 2017?

1/32 Kitty Hawk T-28

GXZLxEV.jpg

Kl6jH7t.jpg

BDHbYW0.jpg

The photos are crappy, but the build was a delight.

:doh: Doh, just realized this was under Jet Modeling!   Well, it was still the best kit I built this year. 

Edited by Ichitoe
23 minutes ago, Ichitoe said:

Steve - that's a sweet looking Tomcat! I have a couple of these kits in the stash, hoping to get to them in 2018.

Mike

Thanks Mike!  You will enjoy every minute of the build- I especially liked the way the intakes build up and more-or-less snap into place.  I will be building a few more as well!

If you followed the Modern Luftwaffe GB, you might remember my Eduard/Hasegawa F-104

It was easily the best model I built in 2017, and probably ever. It was a great leap forward for me. 

Lots of firsts .... 

First successful use of PE

First successful use of resin

First model I finished where I achieved some level of tonal variation and weathering

First time I resisted the urge to use as much putty as possible

I still need to work on my photography, but here goes

2v2uBhC2dx9awpY.jpg

2v2uBhCBNx9awpY.jpg

2v2uBhCyLx9awpY.jpg

Edited by Kurt H.

hi everybody.

i dare participate to this show-off just pushed by the love i feel for this model and the joy she gave to me building it.

actually i have built several kits, but although i am rather satisfied with most of them, this delta dagger i choose expressely to build as a 57th fis  "keflavik black knights" after falling for a picture of her i saw online, is really something special to me, as -it is my very personal and humble opinion- she really succeeded in resembling that very one plane.

well, in terms of "ease and enjoyment" in building, this is not the one ; i have already noted on this forum how the precision of the meng engineering and design is definitely overestimated.

but nevertheless, once the toils were over, wow! what an enjoyment!

i apologize, but i don't know how to stay within the 0,1 mb of upload, so i will upload  this one and leave for you the link to the googlephoto album dedicated to this icelandic f-102...if someone wants to have a look he/she is wholeheartedly welcome: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rvXAWGJTWAMZPLk82

thank you and, happy modeling.

best ciaos. bobo.

x (85)resize.jpg

47 minutes ago, airmechaja said:

I knew the new Tamiya cats would be in here. I also have one waiting patiently for me to build.

I really liked the GWH F-15C MSIP. It had a few small glitches but it was  a very enjoyable build.

F-15-_C_MSIP.jpg

Is the GWH F-15 better the Revell's offering?

at first i thought that only one model was intended, but as i see that some have presented more than that, i really feel like doing the same because there's another little bird i really enjoyed and was second to the f-102 as it comes from a lesser, vintage kit.

i am proud to present it because it's an unpretentious old italeri with raised lines kit...but beware: she carries an mk. vii nuke!

due to my dishability that precludes finding a way to upload better and more numerous pics, here is the usual link to my googlephoto thunderstreak album: https://goo.gl/photos/Si9HTL4ws8sna83W6

although i tried to enrich it with airwaves p.e. and a not very recommandable resin nuke (of which out of correctness i will not mention the maker), it is far from being a perfect model, but i had some difficulties to face and put all of myself on it. wish that you enjoy all the same...:thumbsup:

best ciaos. bobo.

x (7)resize.JPG

i know that we're in the jet modeling forum, but ain't any rotorhead around here?

well, because i have another  model that delved deep into my heart this year and i would really like to share it with all of you.

i hope not to be reprimanded for this transforum transgression.

it's a bit of one of the dearest, warmest, most enthusing memories of mychildhood i tried to revive, though in a smaller scale: the ho4s-3 of deep freze antarctica opertion, revell made in the late fifties in 1/48 scale, and italeri made in 1/72 in another geological epoch.

here's the link to her album in googlephoto: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KscSQ2CWUPCK58Ho1

psssttt...ciaooo...hush...

x (46)resize.JPG

Wow, some great work, guys. Zero completions for me this year, unfortunately.:tumble: Looks almost like the Tamiya Tomcat would get Model of the Year awards from ARC members.

Bobo, please include manufacturer and scale on your photos. You've got some really nice models there.

Edited by DonSS3