What's the best kit you built in 2017?

8 hours ago, DonSS3 said:

Wow, some great work, guys. Zero completions for me this year, unfortunately.:tumble: Looks almost like the Tamiya Tomcat would get Model of the Year awards from ARC members.

Bobo, please include manufacturer and scale on your photos. You've got some really nice models there.

hi don.

first out, thanks a lot for your appraisal of my little birds.

manufacturer and scale are in the title of each of the googlepoto albums of which i gave the link to.

anyway, it's all 1/72; the f-102 is a meng case xx; the f-84f italeri, the ho4s-3 again, italeri.

just tell me, don the mon-key handler, i personally feel as having shown-off enough, but would you like me to post, from 2017 too, also an ad-h skyraider (1/72, hasegawa) ?

thanksandciaooo!

bobo.

3 hours ago, swimmer25k said:

Did you use the Aeromaster sheet?  If so, how did it fit?

Chris

About those decals...They are from Eagle Strike and I found them on EBay last fall.  They definitely showed their age and I had some cracking issues on the larger ones, like the wing glove stripes (which do not marry up to the swing wing opening perfectly- they are too big).  The nose decal fits well enough, but is oversized slightly and overlaps on the bottom (you have to repaint half a star that gets lost in the overlap).  I decided to paint the red, white, and blue stripes as opposed to using the decals on the empennage and wings.  I found MM Acryl "Guards Red" and "Dark Sea Blue" to be the closest matches out of the bottle.  

Edited by Falconxlvi
15 hours ago, Bobo1953 said:

hi don.

first out, thanks a lot for your appraisal of my little birds.

manufacturer and scale are in the title of each of the googlepoto albums of which i gave the link to.

anyway, it's all 1/72; the f-102 is a meng case xx; the f-84f italeri, the ho4s-3 again, italeri.

just tell me, don the mon-key handler, i personally feel as having shown-off enough, but would you like me to post, from 2017 too, also an ad-h skyraider (1/72, hasegawa) ?

thanksandciaooo!

bobo.

Thanks for the info, Bobo. I did notice that when I went to your albums that the information was there. Sorry… :dontknow:

I'd love to see the A-1.

2 hours ago, DonSS3 said:

Thanks for the info, Bobo. I did notice that when I went to your albums that the information was there. Sorry… :dontknow:

I'd love to see the A-1.

et voilà, le skyraidér est servi...: https://photos.app.goo.gl/y8JNXoXq6LF5QwWO2

she has a sister, an older sister, that is, she was built in 2013; it could be a nice gesture to pay her a visit:salute: ...: https://goo.gl/photos/MjGcXJXCRLrKeTcZ8

thank you very much for your interest, don.:cheers:

my goal was to reproduce lt. patton's bird, but at the same time i love the varied and  heavy payload of the able dog; i don't know wat was patton's panoplia on the day he downed the mig, so i believe that i got to a mix of fantasy and reality.

like this, she was intended in an antipersonnel role, so we have nape, rocks, suu 30, suu14 (oob: i love it...), ...and as patton did shoot a couple of zunis to the mig 17 he eventually downed, there are two lau 10...:thumbsup:

i must make a sort of a disclaimer here. yeah, my skyraider is too clean, whilst it's a dirty machine, and the absence of the engine exhaust and oil mustaches will cause more than one eyebrow  to raise.

nevertheless, i like to build models of aircrafts as just out of the paint shop. thence, even in case i would think of making an exception...well...i have no know-how in weathering and any attempt at it could have winded out in a disaster...:rolleyes:

again, thank you for your kind attention, and be prepared: i'm finishing a very peculiar blue f-2h3 banshee and i will post it here as it has become an habit.

have a great day, have a happy modeling, and and my best ciaos!:beer4:

w (20)resize.JPG

The only kit I built this year sort of "out-of-the-box" was the Academy Cessna A-37B. All the others have been either conversions or heavily modded, with build threads over on Britmodeler.com.

This one did have a resin cockpit upgrade, weapons from the Hasegawa sets, the M260 Hydra rocket pods from CMK, and the slightly larger drop tanks from the Hasegawa A-37A/B kit.

The fit of the kit was excellent, but all the tiny parts made it very "fiddly", and it took a while. Anyway, here it is:

2v2uSAJChxfzdhW.jpg

2v2uSAJLCxfzdhW.jpg

2v2uSAJWgxfzdhW.jpg

2v2uSAJnmxfzdhW.jpg

Ed