Help adding dome lights in Huey cabin

I am looking to add some dome lights inside the cabin area of the Huey I am building.  Does anyone have any tips for doing so?  My tentative plan is to drill a proper sized hole, then maybe cut off some clear sprue and round over the end and place it in the newly drilled hole.  Any other ideas?

Edited by JesusNut

Not sure what the dome lights look like on the Huey , but I use stick on rhinestones and other dome shaped plastic beads and such for various lumps and bumps on armor. You get them in the craft/jewelry sections of Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and most often WalMart. They come in small sheets that look similar to this:

61f3qiEX8wL.jpg

They come in various sizes and shapes. Simply remove them and glue them where you want. Easy, cheap, and fast (and the sheets last a longtime!)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don.

EDIT: They also come in different colors. Some work well for position lights too.

Edited by Don
1 hour ago, Don said:

Not sure what the dome lights look like on the Huey , but I use stick on rhinestones and other dome shaped plastic beads and such for various lumps and bumps on armor. You get them in the craft/jewelry sections of Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and most often WalMart. They come in small sheets that look similar to this:

They come in various sizes and shapes. Simply remove them and glue them where you want. Easy, cheap, and fast (and the sheets last a longtime!)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don.

EDIT: They also come in different colors. Some work well for position lights too.

Thanks Don.  I will go take a look at them and see if I can make something work.  If they have something close to the correct size, I may be able to make it work.