Another 150th CF-18 Hornet

Cool. Haven't opened the box on mine yet. Interesting to see the colours on the decals (around the big maple leaf and on the tail). Will be watching this one. And, not to steal any thunder from Rick McP, but if you want to represent this one as it was on 24 May 2017, remember to paint the LEF actuator cap primer green as it is in this picture. Or not! :woo:

QydcJyO.jpg

ALF

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Kind of neat, that repair. 

Yeah. I was really impressed with how quickly they repainted the part after it was installed. The tech support team worked really hard on this, and all demo aircraft, to keep it flying. Such a beautiful scheme this year.

ALF

My daughter went and stole my camera. Have a bit done but can not show a photo. So..............

Here is a shot of the last Kenetic CF-18 at the same stage.

2NyQQnq.jpg

Actually., it looks exactly the same at this point.

Got a lot done yesterday. Would have done more except one of my 1/32 Hornets took a five foot nose dive and exploded into over 30 parts. That repair too all of the morning.

Back to this one. I much prefer the Hasegawa landing gear and cockpit. Those are nice and strong with positive attachment points. This kit is not bad. But I like the Hasegagwa better. I like the extra parts in this one. The kit came with two sets of landing gear, one USN stlye and the other Canadian. Also 2 tails. One a/B and one C/D. Which is REAL nice as the earlier Kenetic kit comes with tails that just look wrong. These spare tails will go into that future build. (thanks for the tip Elmo)

AyTPvIK.jpg

Edited by phantom

A five foot dive!?  EGAD.  I might have utter a cuss word or two.  I hope it wasn't too badly damaged; I mean beyond 30 pieces and all breaks were minor or along panel lines.

I agree with your assessment on the two kits.  Kinetic has its pros and cons but I much prefer the Hasegawa kits.

Good luck with this one.

Mike

THanks. THe breaks were all on panel lines and are repaired. A couple antenna are still missing but hopefully they show up ......some day. 

Weird part, one of the engine exhausts must have been a magic bullet. It shot off and took the radome off a Tomcat 4 or 5 feet away. Its fixed too.