Trying to upload photos from phone to computer

So, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to upload some pics from my phone to my computer. I'm using Microsoft Edge. Previously, I could plug my phone into the usb port and I could import them into a folder. Now, I get a pop up asking if I want to import them and when I click yes, it says no items are found, try again. So, I have no way of Importing my pics from my phone to my computer. Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to start sharing my in progress projects, but I'm hitting a major roadblock with this. Any help as always is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan.

Does a new device show up when you plug your phone into your computer via USB? You would be able to see this in the file explorer (it has the file folder icon, not your browser). If a device does show up, look in the device with the file explorer and try to find the pix.

Alternatively, you can use Airdroid on your Android phone or (just recently) your iPhone. Once you have an AirDroid account, and can log into the account from your phone and your computer it's dead easy to use (see help here). Open the web-based AirDroid interface in your computer's browser; it doesn't matter which OS you're running. The interface will show a QR code. Open the AirDroid app on your phone and point the camera at the QR code, et voilà, you're logged in and connected! You can do many things with your phone from your computer, moving pictures and files between them is the most basic.

Airdroid is a Really Good(TM) tool. I've been a happy user for years now. While I could rely on Google photos to get my pictures on my computer, I find Airdroid simpler to use.

You have a lot of good suggestions here. 

Sometimes if i am feeling lazy and cannot find a cable is to compose an email on my phone with gmail, then save it as a draft. Then on the computer open the draft email and save the picture. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, basically I had to get another phone. The previous one just wouldn't allow me to do anything. Got the phone tonight and played around with it for a while. While it doesn't take good close ups(still trying to figure out the settings). I can start taking overall pics so I can start posting my in progress projects again.

1 hour ago, jfmajor60 said:

Google Photos, you can then access them from any device, open the photo on said device then save it to that device.

That ability to open files from any device extends to their other "document" types also. I keep my book and stash inventory in Google Sheets (spreadsheet), which enables me to always have both on-hand where-ever and whenever.

Phone:

Screenshot_2015-10-29-23-26-31.png

Computer:

Inventory_Screenshot.jpg

I always use Windows Explorer, and treat the phone as another drive.  Just grab the pic from the folder and drag them into a folder on the deskop.  Rather a caveman approach I suppose, but it works for me.

SN

7 hours ago, Steve N said:

I always use Windows Explorer, and treat the phone as another drive.  Just grab the pic from the folder and drag them into a folder on the deskop.  Rather a caveman approach I suppose, but it works for me.

SN

That worked for me before....but stopped working.....I'm curious if maybe it stopped working because my android phone had so many photos on it.

Must be something in the OS. I have a Mobius Action Cam, and the camera is supposed to mount as a storage device, but my wife's system just fights it tooth and nail. Relevant forums claim this is not unusual, but not universal.; the probability of success seems like a coin toss, but that could be due to a form of survivorship bias. Anyway, I just yank the SD card and mount it on my Linux system or Chromebook. I used to just yank the SD card on my phone, but it's waterproof, so yanking the card means powering it down. Anyway, AirDroid is really useful, far beyond simple file transfer.

On 12/27/2017 at 4:57 AM, SBARC said:

That worked for me before....but stopped working.....I'm curious if maybe it stopped working because my android phone had so many photos on it.

I've got hundreds (if not thousands) of pics on my Android phone..seems to download just fine.  The trick is finding which folder they're in.

I think with my old phone was that there was no way for me to turn back on the developer options. With that option, there was a tab that would let you choose what to do when you plugged in a USB cord. My computer recognized my phone, just not the options to open up the folder with my pics in it. I hope that makes some sense.

On 12/27/2017 at 1:57 AM, SBARC said:

After my iphone "updated" security fixes I was no longer able to open folders either. Before I just plugged in the USB cable, clicked OK  "is this computer safe", and transferred everything I wanted. Now I am using dropbox.