Lack of response from Tamiya.

This is a modified post from my previous one on the subject.  It is directed mainly to those of you here in the States.

I subscribe to Tamiya Model Magazine International (TMMI). My December issue is way past due. Another poster to my  previous post said he had not received his Scale Airplane International Dec. issue...same company publishes them.

I e mailed the magazine three different times (using slightly different means and directing one to the office manager) to see if there was a problem with either the printer or delivery company. This has been an issue in the past. I have gotten no response, which is very unusual since they have been very quick to respond to other questions over the years.

A friend at the LHS suggested I e mail Tamiyausa. I tried but the "changa challenge" was deemed to be a mismatch. I presume that is the security thing where you have to type the letters, numbers, symbols etc. Guess what...there was no "changa challenge" anywhere on the page. So I guess you can't e mail them. I called the 800 number. Guess what...no one answers the phone.

I am beginning to wonder if the magazine (ADH publications) is still in business and if Tamiyausa even cares about the customer.

I would appreciate any thoughts. comments or suggestions to solve the problem.

Thanks for your input.

Bob

Tamiya USA probably has little to no say in the distribution or publishing of the magazine. Best course of action is to be patient or switch to digital. Sprue Brothers received the NOV issue of SAMs on 2DEC. I would pick them up at Barnes and Noble and it was always a crap shoot so I switched to digital on an 10.5 ipad pro.

It's worth pointing out here that Tamiya actually have nothing to do with the magazines that carry their name (other than licensing them to use the name).

TMMI is published by Doolittle Media (previously known as ADH Publishing) and it's them you need to chase.

The same is true of Airfix Model World magazine - it's published by Key Publishing (Air Forces Monthly and Flypast etc) and is entirely independent of Hornby/Airfix.

Regards,

John