REVELL HALO UNSC PELICAN 85-1767

Does anybody have any info about Revell's UNSC Pelican (Kit # 85-1767)? Like what scale it's in? And it seems a bit "toy-like" from some of the pix I've seen so far... But I just saw a listing on eBay for one with "lights and sound" - https://www.ebay.com/itm/REVELL-HALO-UNSC-PELICAN-85-1767-BUILD-PLAY-SNAPTITE-MODEL-KIT-w-LIGHTS-SOUND/292358825565?epid=2274145609&hash=item4411f1a65d:g:HGYAAOSwzXxaJtAO

Any info is appreciated!

TIA

MattP

My son built it (he's  HUGE Halo fan!). Its easy to build, no glue required (nice tight fit), no seams to really be concerned with, looks the part for a Halo 4/5 Pelican, measures 13" from nose to the rear of the thrusters and about 10.5" from wing-tip to wing-tip (a nice size actually). Canopy looks good and clear but there isn't much in the cockpit (Master Chief and Linda representations I think). There are toy like features such as the rear boarding ramp that can open and close (a rudimentary interior is molded inside), wings tilt as do the rear thrusters, and the landing gear/pads can extend and raise. There is also the lights and sound but its only activated by pressing on the nose (button is nicely hidden). But there are no decals, only stickers and they really are not that great nor accurate. The green is too light as is the grey. However, with a prime and repaint followed by a wash this Pelican would look pretty good IMHO.

If you're a Halo fan and you can grab the kit for a good price then I'd recommend it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Don.

So it's more like 1/72 scale? BOTH my sons are HUGE HALO fans. I was considering doing one as a present for them. Kind of a Pelican on the ground being serviced. If it's 1/72scale oi could use Hasagawa's crew for the dio...

MattP

Yeah, I think 1/72 ground equipment should fit the bill fine. Too bad there wasn't a 1/72ish Warthog as the brackets for hauling the Warthog are quite nicely done under the tail section. Had Revell included that as a "play feature" then it would have really made this kit that much better. Heck, even a Mongoose or Gungoose for the rear cargo area would have been a neat feature.

Good luck with the kit and have fun!

Regards,

Don

I forgot to mention nose weight. My Son's had a tendency to sit back a bit too far if the rear landing pads weren't adjusted/set just right. A little nose weight would help keep her sitting on her front/nose landing skid. But if you plan on attaching the Pelican to a base then its a non-issue.

Nice little kit.

Regards,

Don