Has anyone bashed the Tamiya F-14 using Hasegawa wings?

I've been messing around with the Tamiya F-14 for a while for a catapult launch diorama.   The Tamiya kit is molded with the flaps and slats retracted.  They'll need to be lowered for the diorama.  KASL Hobby makes a resin wing set with these parts hanging down.  

I just noticed that the resin wings are warped.  KASL added some wire down the wing for strength, but it looks like the resin droops where the wire stops.  I've tried the hot water trick, but this hasn't fixed the problem.  There are two distinct bends in each wing.  Photos don't show any evidence to suggest that they are anything but straight down the entire wing.  

I have a few Hasegawa kits available to cannibalize the wings.  They are nearly identical to the Tamiya wings.  The pivot point on the Tamiya wing lines up well with the Hasegawa "notch".  Getting the internals to work seems tricky.  

Has anyone tried this modification?

Ive spent a ton of time and some descent cash (including $50 for the crappy resin wings) to make this work.  I often look the other way when it comes to accuracy or dimension issues, however, this isn't one I can live with.  

Thanks,

Chris

I've got one started with the KASL wings. Mine are fine, the mounting points on the slats and flaps are a bit off as far their aligning with the mounting points on the wing, but nothing too serious. I also modified the pivot hinge so I could attach the wings after painting. My build is on hold waiting for Fightertown to update their VF-1 Wolfpack decals to fit the Tamiya bird.

If you decide to canibalize the wings of an Hase kit, I wish to ask if you could sell to me one of the front parts. I have one hase kit, already in the box because they send me two right parts instead of one of each side.

The part that I need is the left part, the one with the vulcan opening.

The part that i need Is this:

A5RMubK.jpg

Edited by Paulão - Tchwrma
Spelling corrections
On 17.12.2017 at 4:06 PM, Mstor said:

I've got one started with the KASL wings. Mine are fine, the mounting points on the slats and flaps are a bit off as far their aligning with the mounting points on the wing, but nothing too serious. I also modified the pivot hinge so I could attach the wings after painting. My build is on hold waiting for Fightertown to update their VF-1 Wolfpack decals to fit the Tamiya bird.

Is that a wish or has there already been an announcement on the decals...?

9 hours ago, anj4de said:

Is that a wish or has there already been an announcement on the decals...?

I have had some e-mail communication with Brian and he plans to include updated decals for the VF-1 Tomcats in a future release, probably as part of a number of other schemes for the Tomcat and/or other aircraft. I don't think he plans on releasing a large VF-1 sheet like he did before. No release date has been even mentioned, only that it is planned. I sent him some of my observations regarding the fit of the current VF-1 sheet on the Tamiya kit and where the problems are. It is mainly the tail decals that are the problem, though some adjustment of the fuselage "stripe" is needed too.