Glad Wrap 'Press and Seal' as mask???

I have good news and bad news! The good news is it works as a masking material and trims very nicely. The bad news is, it may leave behind residue! The good news is Goo Gone will remove the residue. You decide!!!

Note that the residue only appeared on one canopy section and I have no idea why it removed cleanly everywhere except there!

kLyrJnQ.jpg

55 minutes ago, modelingbob said:

I have good news and bad news! The good news is it works as a masking material and trims very nicely. The bad news is, it may leave behind residue! The good news is Goo Gone will remove the residue. You decide!!!

Note that the residue only appeared on one canopy section and I have no idea why it removed cleanly everywhere except there!

kLyrJnQ.jpg

Oooops!!  Did ya dip the canopy in Future prior to masking or is it bare plastic??

Bo

1 hour ago, Alternative 4 said:

How do you use it?

Cover the whole canopy and then use a sharp knife to cut it too the appropriate shape?

I cut it into smallish sections with sharp scissors to just cover the area needed (specific canopy section) and then trim to shape. A single piece would have difficulty conforming to the entire canopy. Since Press & Seal is so thin and has a slight amount of stretch it conforms pretty nicely to small complex shapes. It trims very nicely using a new Xacto blade. 

There are at least (to my knowledge) two very different types of Glad Wrap around. The "cling film" is for industrial use (hotels etc.) and adheres or sticks a whole lot better than the normal type that most folks have in their homes. I got lucky recently and found a shop closing and bought a dozen 18" clingfilm rolls for $50 or so, so i`m set for life :beer4: