FB-111A in 1/72 by Hasegawa

Thanks to the input from various members here who answered mine (and several others more) questions in the Jet Forum, I was able to finish this nice model. I think the F-111-series of Hasegawa is quite known as the best representation of the Aardvark in the 1/72-scale. So building the kit was very enjoyable and without any trouble. I only wonder why the small wings of the auxiliary tanks conflict with the retracted flaps....

umGXCao.jpg

For the colors I used Revells 77 as dark grey and 67 as greengrey, I think it does look good.

5K44fpy.jpg

p46M7X5.jpg

The wings have a small positive dyhydral, which makes the bird look like it´s still in the air, approaching the runway:

GlTGtpm.jpg

Pilots are from the excellent Revell pilots-set:

KtjF1ye.jpg

I wonder what the thing covered by this blue clear part is - astro-navigation?

O3JlAQ1.jpg

"Rough Night" was the name of this specific aircraft. For some reason the decals stand out a little bit.

vtpQjIe.jpg

In one way this is another first for me: This is my first aircraft armed with "nukes". All my other, even nuke-capable aircraft have conventional loads, but this one is armed with two AGM-69 SRAM that I got from a fellow modeller.

74d9WRO.jpg

92DKico.jpg

0MY6G9b.jpg

HAJO

Nicely done, Hajo. I think you pulled off the Dark Vark monochromatic look really well! Love way the SRAMs look too, I might use that on my build. Great job and I think everyone is learning a lot about the FB on your original thread!

Cheers

Yes, the astrotracker was a cool backup system. I built my FB-111A in 48th. The tracker was such a detail rich feature, I just glossed over it like you did, it would be a separate model in itself. Great job on your Dark Dark.

Jeff