3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Hmmmh.... some of us care about accuracy.    

0.2mm is less than the thickness of a piece of 10 thou plasticard (0.25mm) - that's always been good enough for me :)

Besides, by the time you've added a coat or two of paint, you'll build that missing 0.2mm back onto the part anyway.

It also depends on where the part is going to be fitted - it could be the perfect scale size but since most kit fuselages are vastly over-scale in thickness, it may not fit - hence you need to compromise a little bit here and there.

I'd rather the part looked right in situ rather than fret because it was fractionally 'off' in terms of size.

Regards,

John

2 hours ago, John Tapsell said:

0.2mm is less than the thickness of a piece of 10 thou plasticard (0.25mm) - that's always been good enough for me :)

Besides, by the time you've added a coat or two of paint, you'll build that missing 0.2mm back onto the part anyway.

It also depends on where the part is going to be fitted - it could be the perfect scale size but since most kit fuselages are vastly over-scale in thickness, it may not fit - hence you need to compromise a little bit here and there.

I'd rather the part looked right in situ rather than fret because it was fractionally 'off' in terms of size.

Regards,

John

My comment was in jest, agree with you 100% but can't tell you how many posts I've read where modelers are ready to draw blood over similar arguments.

Cheers,

John

I'm more worried about the lack of understanding of the concept of SCALE than I am of accuracy.

When a kit or part is 1/35 scale (or any scale) the math is both simple and obvious.  If it isn't then why bother with actual dimensions ?

I don't even have to get out my slide rule for questions like this....