Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Devo

Sopwith 2F1 Ships Camel

Recommended Posts

G'day All,

I'm calling this one as of now done. It's my take on the aircraft "flung" off HMAS Sydney between July - October 1918.

Built OOB and rigged with Ez-Line. It's my third WNW kit.

I experienced a bit of trouble with the decals cracking but other than that, any other dramas were of my own making.

Apologies for the picture quality....one day I'll learn to take better ones....and today isn't it!

Devo
P.S. Rigging that little bullet fairing in the 2nd  last pic was.......interesting

 

jbXJ1w.jpg

 

d1F7l9.jpg

 

TKulJK.jpg

 

TS8dvb.jpg

 

juFdfJ.jpg

Edited by Devo
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Great to see some WNW buids on ARC these days.  Well done!  

Thankyou, WNW are great kits to build.

I had 0 interest in 1/32 WW1 aircraft until I decided to try these kits, a decision I've not regretted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Devo said:

Thankyou, WNW are great kits to build.

I had 0 interest in 1/32 WW1 aircraft until I decided to try these kits, a decision I've not regretted.

Well I’m glad to hear that.  I purchased the WNW USAS Camel at the US Nats this year and have been a bit intimidated to start it.  I’ve got an Eduard Camel to build first as sort of a “test run” and to practice some WWI modeling techniques.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, Falconxlvi said:

Well I’m glad to hear that.  I purchased the WNW USAS Camel at the US Nats this year and have been a bit intimidated to start it.  I’ve got an Eduard Camel to build first as sort of a “test run” and to practice some WWI modeling techniques.  

The big scale one will be easier to build IMHO. Have fun.:wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, a4s4eva said:

Nice one Devo. What paints did you use for the main colours?

Thanks Calum.:thumbsup:

 

I used Humbrol 98 for the top and sides and  Humbrol 121 for underneath. My plywood panels where an experiment......I used Humbrol 93 as a base and then  used some no name brand burnt sienna colour applied to get the wood grain effect then applied Tamiya clear orange over it all and....that's what I ended up with.:yahoo:

For the prop hub I used the same colour base coat as the plywood panels but used coloured pencils to draw the laminations on and then covered with the clear orange...job done.

 

Easy for me too do using hairy sticks.......dunno about you airbrush fella's. :taunt:

 

I look forward to seeing a WNW kit built by you.:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...