Bell UH-1V GA-ARNG 71-20255 ( Kitty Hawk 1/48) FINISHED MAR1518

3 minutes ago, salvador001 said:

Ray, i forgot to tell you, all parts are good, except for the APR-39 mounts, they are flat in the surface section when glued to the nose, they must be curved as the nose is, thats why they dont sit well. Maybe Floyd can fix this issue. I ended up using the old Fireball ones.

Rod.

I got to say, Rod, I'm not sure why the APR 39s didn't fit.  They looked perfect when I tested them on my kit part.

Ray

Apr-39.jpg

18 hours ago, salvador001 said:

Thank you all for your kind words. I love how it turned out.

The 3D parts are amazing Ray, Floyd did a great job with it, and your support as always is awesome.

Chris, the dampers were lowered a couple of mm because i cut the mast to make it smaller.

Rod.

Can you explain/show how you did that lowering of the dampers?

Chris.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:24 PM, UH-1Mad said:

Can you explain/show how you did that lowering of the dampers?

Chris.

Chris, i cut the mast with an x acto to make it shorter, and i didnt introduce the mast to the hole that is in the center of the hub, thats it, i cut it like 2-3mm dont remember well.

Rod.

3 hours ago, jabow said:

Help Rod!!

How did you set the height of the Stab Bar above the Main Rotor hub???  Did you use the Support P/N A59???

Bo

Hi Bo, well, i put two styrene pieces in the inner center part of the stab bar and this were glued to the center of the hub upper housing. Then the jesus nut was added using photoetch surplus parts.

Rod.