Crown X Fighter: Old Skool SW ripoffery!

It’s only human nature to jump onto the bandwagon. When that bandwagon is being pulled by a successful franchise like Star Wars, it should come as no surprise that everybody wants in on the action. However, in the rush to cash in on a name, some companies take short cuts. This is where the wonderful world of “bootleg” or “non-licenced” toys, models and other goods takes centre stage.

I’m not here to encourage bootleggs, but when I come across one that’s interesting, I can’t help but show it off. Just in time for The Last Jedi, then, (See how I hopped on that bandwagon? ) I would like to present to you, the modelling public, my out of box review for the Crown Star Warrior X Fighter. Not even Poe’s signature Black and Orange paint can save this outcast from failure!

Check it out at the link below!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/crown-non-scale-star-warrior-x-fighter-oob/

x-fighter-oob-0091.jpg?w=400

Edited by Faust

Hahahaha, thats terrible! I agree with you on the box art work - very TTA.  I love the attempt at R2 as well

I didn't read the whole article due to time constraints so didn't work out what was motorised. I'll get back to it later.

Very entertaining to see such a blatant rip off done so badly

Yeah, that undercarriage is something else, eh? 

There's so much wrong with it that it's hard to know what part is actually the worst. However, one thing that is ironic; the way it's drawn on the box, at least, makes more engineering sense than the real X-Wing.  The X Fighter's engines don't move, only the wings do. That's a lot easier to pull off that moving the entire mass of the engine, which would also change your thrust axes, meaning you'd need to trim the fighter simultaneously. Sure, I'm overthinking it, but that's what I do. :)

• 2 months later...

kinda like what the X-Wing fighter would have looked like if it had been designed in the 1950's  ???

and  ripoffery ??? is that even a real word ?  :)

Yeah, that's a fair assessment!

As for "ripoffery", I'm sure it's a word. I mean Shakespeare made up words all the time, and we use all of his. No reason we modellers have to play second fiddle to some dead poet guy!  :)

• 6 months later...