large scale P40's

thinking about building a couple P40's next year. One will be a P40e and the other I don't know. Now Trumpeter kits a couple, and I think maybe Hasegawa and Revell as well. What I sorta guess is the best one is a Hasegawa. Am I wrong? 

I'll do an AVG flying tiger as a P40e, but also would like to do either a RAF or Russian Lend Lease airframe

gary

9 hours ago, Joel_W said:

In 1/32 scale the Old Hasegawa series is still the most accurate overall shape. Of course the cockpit could use a much love and attention as you want to give it.

Joel

kinda what I was thinking. I just wish they'd sell a late one and a P40b

gary

7 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

kinda what I was thinking. I just wish they'd sell a late one and a P40b

gary

Gary,

The Hasegawa kits have split fuselage halves for different versions all based off the E series.  For a  B you'll have to tackle the Trumpeter kit, with effort and a  lot of TLC, it does build up into a respectable model.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, f86esabre said:

Jacob Michael Brown 

There has only been one series of 1/32 P-40 produced by Hasegawa. The ones they make now. You said "old" in your first response. They have made the P-40E, M and N. Their P-51 is old. 

Steve

Steve,

You're correct as the kit was 1st released in 2008. So it's not that old, but not that new either.

Joel

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, Joel_W said:

Gary,

The Hasegawa kits have split fuselage halves for different versions all based off the E series.  For a  B you'll have to tackle the Trumpeter kit, with effort and a  lot of TLC, it does build up into a respectable model.

Joel

I received the P40e from Spru Brothers Wednesday, and it's everything I want, and then some! Liked it so well, that I'll be ordering a second one. May order in the Trumpeter kit later, and sort out the issues with it. 

And thanks for your replies, and information.

gary

1 minute ago, ChesshireCat said:

I received the P40e from Spru Brothers Wednesday, and it's everything I want, and then some! Liked it so well, that I'll be ordering a second one. May order in the Trumpeter kit later, and sort out the issues with it. 

And thanks for your replies, and information.

gary

Gary,

Good luck with the kit. Looking forward to following your build blog.

Joel

Just now, Joel_W said:

Gary,

Good luck with the kit. Looking forward to following your build blog.

Joel

won't happen for at least six more weeks. I seriously messed up my left hand, so I'm one handed for awhile. Waiting for the surgeon to decide if surgery is in my future.

I have some really nice pain pills, but on the other hand they're soon headed to the police department. Came within 48 hours of loosing the little finger and the one next to it.

Glad I'm right handed!

gary