Post number (#) in a thread - where is it?

It used to be that there was a small index number for referencing posts in a given thread in a numeric order. Made it really handy to refer to certain posts without having to quote them. "As displayed in post #17 of this thread..."" or something like that.

Is that number gone for good? Can it be brought back?

Sorry for the cryptic thread tile, BTW. :whistle:

Sorry, but that's not what I'm talking about. I mean a number signifying the number of the post in a certain thread.

My initial post in this thread, for instance, would be #1. Your reply is the second post in this thread. #2. This post here would be #3.

Here are two examples, the first one from a very long thread (post #6863), the second one from a rather short one.

39298272241_ff7c69bf86_b.jpg

Post-Index-Number by Motschke, on Flickr

Edited by ChernayaAkula
  • 4 weeks later...

Just figured out what I think you want.  The date at the top of every post is a link. Copy its address, e.g., right-click and select "Copy link address" in Chrome, and then create a link with that address in your post. For example, this link gets to a method to post Google photos into this forum.