Now that PB destroyed alot of people's good WIP threads, good thread pics are no more. So I was wondering what color would be best to match the brown color of this soundproofing?

27543341519_28c1e6f6ee_b.jpgI'm using vallejo acrylic paints on this model. Thanks ahead of time!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

70.876 Brown Sand is a brush color or the app I am using is jacked up. I was thinking 71.030 Green Brown, 71.034 Sandy Brown or 71.037 Mud Brown. 

HTH or atleast gets people to disagree with me and get you closer to color.

I wouldn't say can't but it is designed for brush painting. Model Air is "pre thinned" already for airbrush use. I haven't had luck straight out of the bottle with Air but that's just me. I have used the retarder to help improve flow. You might be able to thin and shoot model color but the results might not be as desired. YMMV.

If you do use model color please report your experience, it may help others to use or not use in that application.

This video should help. 

If you have the brown sand on hand I would probably just use that.

HTH

Edited by Tank

2 more questions:

1-What color best matches the grey cabin interior? FS #???

2-What tape is best for simulating cargo straps that wrap around the internal fuel tank on a MH-60 and how wide should it be?

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench