Kitty Hawk 1/35th scale MH-6J

Here is my completed 1/35th scale Kitty Hawk MH-6J.  It isn't perfect.  I have a photo of this aircraft on the beach but it has since come to light that the photo was taken during the filming of "Blackhawk Down" and not actually during Gothic Serpent.  I'm not going to change it for now but I probably will when I finish up the AH-6J, which I'm waiting on the Downturned Exhausts.  Overall I'm very happy with the model.  I did have to source the sail antenna from the Dragon kit.  It was on the CAD but didn't make it to plastic.  There are some other things that I missed on the CAD, namely the avionics behind the pilot's head and in the back seat.  I'll try to put something together on that so you can add it if you want.  I apologize for missing that.  That is all my fault.  

The fit of the belly and windows is light years above the Dragon/DML kit.  You can actually see out of the windows.  I'll write up a full build review shortly.  If you can't wait for that go to the Werner's Wings Facebook page and read the captions for this build.  It mentions all the things I found and tips.

Floyd

IqhzH9I.jpg

bIwAfIQ.jpg

u3C3IXX.jpg

CvAVt2h.jpg

03Yvzeh.jpg

u3C3IXX.jpg

PXNtvCi.jpg

wpnFXjl.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
12 hours ago, rlangdale said:

Looks amazing! I cant wait to start on mine! One question, did you use a flat, or a satin clear coat on it? I like how it looks flat at most angles, but has a slight "oily" sheen at some others.

I did use a flat coat on it, but it was a thin one.

Floyd

7 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Floyd, can you elaborate based on your FB post about an additional sheet for specific Gothic Serpent Little Birds?

If Mason is willing we will put together a 1/35 and 1/48th scale sheet with just the aircraft from GOTHIC SERPENT, since new information has come to light.  We are still working on tail numbers for the AH and MH-6Js but I think we have all of the MH-60Ls covered.  So Loach Driver and anybody else out there that may have information on the tail numbers of the AH-6Js and MH-6Js.  In particular, I'd like to nail down Star 41.  I'm fairly certain that I have Barber 51 figured out.  We have some tail numbers but we don't know what their call signs or crews were.  SInce at least two of the Barber flight had nose markings I'd love to see if there were any other nose art.  It would be nice to have all that information to go along with the markings. 

If anybody can help, email me at fwernerjr@comcast.net .  I will not share your photos if you don't want me to.  I'm only interested in getting the markings accurate.  

Floyd