My completed Dinah

I finished this several months ago, and it's been to a few shows. I used a PE set for the cockpit and then cut styrene to add detail to the rear position. I also scratch built the front and rear of the gear wells, as Tamiya left them open, as well as cut out the wing tip lights and replaced them with plexi. Also Quickboost resin exhausts, although they had to be 'fixed' as there were too many pipes for this aircraft.

It was painted with straight Tamiya colors (except for the trainer yellow on the wing leading edges that had to be mixed,) and weathered with preshading and prismacolor silver and a regular no2 pencil. The exhaust staining was done with artists chalks.

GKCUVUv.jpg

pDGkBlb.jpg

AZDrZ0q.jpg

The gear well firewall,

sn8zXav.jpg

AvkmjYi.jpg

k9BbwGJ.jpg

ol9MfUa.jpg

YtRN9vb.jpg

RfVwwlT.jpgZdRCSz9.jpgHOiKfmC.jpg

XXDrW4P.jpg

And with a one time adversary-turned shelf-mate.

cRdBrxR.jpg

And an older build, Tigercat.

5DlWDFt.jpg

MGaqV3l.jpg

I hope you like it, and if you want to see the build progress... clicky here https://imgur.com/a/BOPHc

Edited by Ikon
7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

1:72 scale Dinah?

No, it's 1/48 scale. I don't do much 1/72, except for a Matchbox Lancaster I'm currently doing, plans for an Airfix version and an Academy B-17C awaiting the start of a GB at the end of the year. 

7 hours ago, seawinder said:

Doesn't this belong in The Display Case forum?

Ah, I was unaware of a Display Case. I will definitely search it out and load up any new ones there.

2 hours ago, southwestforests said:

Nicely done. Dinah with that streamline nose has always been appealing. Instrument panel and seat detail; while you have to go looking for them they came out well.

And yes, that streamlined air frame and those huge nacelles are quite attractive!

31 minutes ago, southwestforests said:

Have had for some years Tamiya's 1/48 kits of this version and a night fighter one. Some day they will get built. 

Had pondered painting this style in a civilian livery imagining an alternate history where I had purchased a captured and surplused one.

That would be cool to see.