Wanted to start a simple project to see if I could drum up some mojo for the up coming year. So I grabbed a Hobby Boss Hind out of the stash and go to building.

Started with the cockpits. I used a combination of Eduard PE and the kit parts. I like the way the Instrument panel came out, but wish I would have just painted  all the  kit sidewall details instead of just some of it. But the PE does not look too bad after I flat coated it. The pit will be closed up for this build so I did not go crazy.

DSC00551_2.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

What it looks like closed up in fuselage halves.

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

3 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

Nice mate!

I understand perfectly your feel 'bout paint the PEs,is the same for me;sometimes extra headeches to match the PEs colors and a lot of fub lost...

Gianni

Thanks Gianni,

I actually  found a cheap acrylic at an arts and crafts store that matched pretty well,  However id did not stick to the plastic like regular model paints do.  It brushed ok tho. Too bad for I could have done 1000 Russian cockpits with that $1,38 bottle of paint.

Brandon

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

The camo look very good!

But why you painted first the darker color?Maybe for use as base for particular effect ( like the use of a black base on some TPS planes)?

Just curious...

Gianni

Gianni,

I did paint the darker color first and used as a base, However the main reason was because it made it easier to use the paint masks. I painted it green, then placed the masks over the green and sprayed the gray. My airbrushing skills are not good enough for me to try to free hand that camo pattern on a 1/72 scale subject. Or a 1/35th scale subject for that matter!! LOL!!

Brandon

Edited by Bravosierra001

Got a little weathering done on the fuselage. I faded the green a bit and accented the panel lines. I believe I am going to stop there. It has the look I want and do not want to over do it for 1/72 scale. I think my filter and flat coat will blend it in nicely.

DSC00009.jpg