New Decals - 1/32 O-2 Skymasters in Vietnam (in stock)

After the earlier O-1 Bird Dog and OV-10 Bronco sheets, AOA decals completes the big three Vietnam USAF FACs in 1/32 decal form with this new release covering the O-2 Skymaster for Roden's new kit.

32-025

FAC & BS Bomber Oscar Deuces

USAF/VNAF O-2A/O-2B Skymasters in the Vietnam War

14 schemes:

O-2A - 7 grey USAF options, 3 black USAF options, and 1 VNAF option.

O-2B - 3 SEA camouflaged USAF options (In the hopes Roden will release an O-2B boxing or someone will produce a B conversion.....)

Enough data/stencils are provided for at least two aircraft (more if you go with the overall black option).

Also included is bonus "THE FAC" decals to replace the kit version (the three black schemes in this release don't use it.)

Now in stock.

$19.50 (free shipping in US)

More info:

www.AOAdecals.com

COVER-32025.jpg

32025.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

Steve those look great. I am not a 1/32nd builder and build in 1/48th but i think I will pick up one of these kits since your decals are available. Also I think the O-2 is not too big in 1/32nd so I may be okay there size wise.

I really like the camo option as I never knew that existed. Very cool stuff.

1 hour ago, skyhawk174 said:

Steve those look great. I am not a 1/32nd builder and build in 1/48th but i think I will pick up one of these kits since your decals are available. Also I think the O-2 is not too big in 1/32nd so I may be okay there size wise.

I really like the camo option as I never knew that existed. Very cool stuff.

Thanks. Ya it and the O-1 are small enough in 1/1 to be perfect size in 1/32.

If you're interested in the camo ones make sure you're aware though those are all O-2B variants.

Oh thanks for the info Steve. I missed that they were O-2Bs in your description. Yup let's hope Roden releases the O-2B. Not too sure what the differences are though.

I also like the black ones and I had planned on doing THE FAC one in 1/48th.

No matter the decals are a great release anyhow.

Edited by skyhawk174
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Yup let's hope Roden releases the O-2B. Not too sure what the differences are though.

O-2B was a civilian Skymaster (so it lacks the added side and upper windows of the O-2A) used for psy-ops with a leaflet dispenser underneath and a large speaker on the rear right fuselage. There was also internal differences since they carried no weapons and there were some other cockpit differences. They usually had spinners installed too, but not always (as one option on this release did not).

The s/n of the camo-ed aircraft in the kit decals was actually an O-2B even though it's stated as an O-2A.

Ok thanks for the info Steve, much appreciated. I thought it was just the windows but obviously a little bit more.

I actually started to make the changes on the Testors kit since they give you the clear pieces for the side windows but the fuselage is not opened up. They probably were going to do the O-2A later maybe? Mine was chromed so took that off to do my FAC bird.

As I mentioned maybe I will not continue on the 1/48th kit and use your decals and the 1/32nd kit and be done. Probably way less work too.

• 10 months later...