Resin seat for the Kinetic Super Etendard?

Hi All,

Can someone recommend a resin ejection seat for the Kinetic Super Etendard? I see it used the Martin-Baker Mk 6 and/or 4A, and that the 6 is a modified 4. Is there any major difference between the 4 and 4A? Sprue Brothers seems to have a couple of possible options. Are the Wolfpack Mk 6 seats more appropriate for the SuE or should I go with their Mk 4? Are there any other options? I'll be building my kit as a French Navy jet in the early blue-grey/white scheme provided in the kit decals, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ben

If you're building a Super-Etendard Modernisé, it uses a CM6 seat.

D1tAH.jpg

The parachute is in a rigid casing so no WP seats will do AFAIK. I believe HPM Hobbies make a Mk6 seat that could be the best option but you'll have to scratchbuild the hexagonal head pad nonetheless.

On 1/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, Ben Brown said:

Can someone recommend a resin ejection seat for the Kinetic Super Etendard? I see it used the Martin-Baker Mk 6 and/or 4A, and that the 6 is a modified 4. Is there any major difference between the 4 and 4A? Sprue Brothers seems to have a couple of possible options. Are the Wolfpack Mk 6 seats more appropriate for the SuE or should I go with their Mk 4? Are there any other options? I'll be building my kit as a French Navy jet in the early blue-grey/white scheme provided in the kit decals, if that makes any difference.

Ben, I went through a similar search some 15 years ago, when I built my Italeri 1/72 Super Etendard. I noted back then:

"I bought a Neomega Martin-Baker Mk4 seat, but it didn't resemble the Super Etendard's seat at all. I learned later that there are no fewer than 82 subtypes, all of which differ in some or large small way. Eventually I found a HiTech (France) resin Mark 4A seat (stock number 72504), specifically for the Mirage III, Etendard and Super Etendard."

Maybe it helps in your search.

Rob

etend-28.jpg