Alanger 1/72 Type XXIII

Hello gang,

A friend of mine bought one of these and brought it to our local club meeting, and I fell in love with it and started looking to buy one.

I finally got one at a decent price, and when I got it I just had to start it.  It was going to be a weekend project, but it immediately became evident that one could see through the flood holes and it just didn't seem right.

So, 8 months later (yes, I work very slow) this is how much I've done.

Thanks for looking.

vmOFdHO.jpg

I decided that I wanted to show one of the torpedoes loaded in the torpedo tube... thus I opened one of the tubes.

UNzLkAr.jpg

Added some bulkheads for internal structures to follow

QKxkjYx.jpg

Bow.

MFSaIyK.jpg

Tower.

uk7cNHF.jpg

Stern.

EN4tlB9.jpg

Prior to buttoning up.

tju8Dcb.jpg

She's all buttoned up now... will follow with more pics soon.

Ernie A.

Edited by modelmax
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Sadly no.  the most noticeable is the details in the conning tower, and you really only get to see shapes blocking the light through the flood holes.

I struggled with the decision to add internal details for days... Finally my ocd won out. :crying:

Ernie A.

PS.  Love the work you do on your spaceships... I'm a big fan.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, modelmax said:

Hi,

Sadly no.  the most noticeable is the details in the conning tower, and you really only get to see shapes blocking the light through the flood holes.

I struggled with the decision to add internal details for days... Finally my ocd won out. :crying:

Ernie A.

PS.  Love the work you do on your spaceships... I'm a big fan.

It's a shame you cant see them but I get the detailing OCD as it happens to me frequently too :rolleyes: Still - you know and we know it's there so it's all good 

I'd love to get a 1/72 U-Boat but there's no way i'd have anywhere to store it let alone display it. I almost bought one as the basis for my first scratch built space ship but I settled on a 1/144 scale instead and it's plenty big enough. I should really finish it one day

Looking forward to the next update

Si