Greetings,

I will be building the Hobby Boss 1/48 SU-27S Flanker B wearing Ethiopian Air Force 5th Fighter Squadron markings from Hi-Decal Line. This particular aircraft has 1 Eritrean Mig-29 kill to it's credit.

7EsB2jv.jpg

Edited by bashace

I'll be doing an F-86 Sabre in 48th scale, either Academy or Hasegawa.  I'm not sure what scheme I'll go with but it will feature kit decals.  Due to a previous commitment, I won't be starting this build until mid February at the earliest but I will be playing along.

Thanks.

Mike

I will be doing the Mig killer of all Mig killers. F-4C 66 463.

Hasegawa (as of now) with really really old Superscale decals.

then, I will do it again. In the retirement scheme from a Two Bobs IPMS sheet.

Third a VFA-87 F-18E, Hasegawa and Furball decals once released.

THese all after I finish some other projects.

Well, don't have the new Furball sheet yet.......So I am thinking MORE Phantoms.

Phantom 200 HAS to be BIG, so 1/32 F-4D in Iranian Mig kill markings

Edited by phantom

I'll be in with Monogram's 1/72 F-105G. This airframe apparently has three MiG kills as an F-105F before conversion to Wild Weasel duties. I'll be doing the markings this aircraft currently wears on display at the Air Force Museum, and represents the aircraft as it appeared with the 561st TFS at Korat, 1972-73.

From the Air Force Museum's fact sheet:

The Thunderchief on display began operational service in 1964 as a standard F-105F. In 1967 it joined the 355th Tactical Fighter Wing in Thailand, where it flew combat missions for nearly three years. During this time, it became one of a select few USAF aircraft to claim three MiG kills. In 1970 it was fitted with electronic counter-measure equipment and joined the 388th TFW for "Wild Weasel" duty, attacking enemy surface-to-air missile sites. 

I will be building a classic.

Randy Cunningham's 'Showtime 100' from Hasegawa with Eduard Zoom cockpit PE

There's a lot of notes on the web on what ordinance it was carrying on what day, what markings were painted on/not painted on... don't know what I'm gonna do yet for the build...ordinance on or not, what markings...

bpfUHe3.jpg

h47ftyy.gif

Edited by frankycee

F-8E Crusader of VF-191 "Satan's Kittens", shot down a MiG-17 July 9, 1968. Lt. Cdr. John Nichols was the pilot.

This will be the 1/72 Academy kit, OOB or close. Decals are from Wolfpak Decals sheet 72-061 "Red Eye" shared by viking73 (thanks again!).  Link to decal review here.

Edited by bdt13

Well, seeing as I'm getting back to the hobby, I'll cut my teeth on this GB.

Plans are for (hopefully) 3 builds all 1/72.

1. Trumpeter Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 for Peter Carmichael's mount in 1952.  I may be using Eduard Photoech and Pavla resin on this one.

2. Fujimi AH-1J for one of a few Iranian air to air victories over either Mi-25, SU-20or Mig-21MF. not sure of any extra bits yet.

3. Either Academy A-10 with extras for the Mi-8 Killer of 511 TFS/10 TFW or Fujimi F-14 for one of many Iranain F-14A Mig/Su splashes.  Not sure If I'll use bits or not.

On ‎4‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, phantom said:

I will be doing the Mig killer of all Mig killers. F-4C 66 463.

Hasegawa (as of now) with really really old Superscale decals.

Hello Phantom,

Are you aware of this cool sheet? http://www.wernerswings.com/Ritchie-friends.html

I was keen to get it for the Combat Tree warning stencil, but I must admit I hadn't noticed the "normal" and "special" stencils on the ECM pods of 1972 before I got this sheet. 

Cheers, Stefan.

2 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Hello Phantom,

Are you aware of this cool sheet? http://www.wernerswings.com/Ritchie-friends.html

I was keen to get it for the Combat Tree warning stencil, but I must admit I hadn't noticed the "normal" and "special" stencils on the ECM pods of 1972 before I got this sheet. 

Cheers, Stefan.

Nice, if my old sheet shatters I might look this up.

10 hours ago, Paulão - Tchwrma said:

It's Aceptable to the GB mote a F-4G Wild Weasel, in Gulfwar markings?

Paulo.

Hi Paulo. 

Absolutely.  Some F-4G's had carried over their Mig kills while they were  F-4E's.  

As long as the aircraft you are modeling is a MiG killer.. You are good to go.

11 hours ago, Aussie_superbug said:

Hi Paulo. 

Absolutely.  Some F-4G's had carried over their Mig kills while they were  F-4E's.  

As long as the aircraft you are modeling is a MiG killer.. You are good to go.

Unfortunately I could not find references who confirmate any mig shot about the plane that I was intended to build, the F-4G BUnº690263.

I will search in my stash to find another kit. I have the Academy Scat XVIII from Cel. Olds, but at this time I wish not to buy it.

As I could find any other plane, I will sign in with him.

Thanks, Paulo.

7 hours ago, Paulão - Tchwrma said:

Unfortunately I could not find references who confirmate any mig shot about the plane that I was intended to build, the F-4G BUnº690263.

I will search in my stash to find another kit. I have the Academy Scat XVIII from Cel. Olds, but at this time I wish not to buy it.

As I could find any other plane, I will sign in with him.

Thanks, Paulo.

The first aircraft on this decal  sheet is a mig killer that was converted to a F-4G. SN 69 7235

https://www.reidairpublishing.com/product-p/shg48009.htm

Some more history of the jet...

https://books.google.com/books?id=uJoeDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA92&lpg=PA92&dq=f-4g+mig+killers&source=bl&ots=aJBHT1-HxJ&sig=QM37pz1SjyDvyOBmtY-3kipHwRE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjymreRy8nYAhVFbiYKHVrLABIQ6AEIQjAH#v=onepage&q=f-4g mig killers&f=false

Hope that helps,

Brandon

Edited by Bravosierra001
21 hours ago, Paulão - Tchwrma said:

Thanks, man. Let me go for these decals. This could be a good one.

Cheers, Paulo.

Your welcome Paulo... Good luck on the build. I love F-4G's so I hope it comes out looking great!

Brandon

Edited by Bravosierra001

I've got a few, but I'll need to check the serial numbers against known MiG killers. Kit's I have that might qualify are;

Monogram F-105G 1/48

Hasegawa F-4 Iranian 1/72

Hasegawa F-14 Iranian 1/48

Hasegawa F-4 USAF 1/72

Hasegawa F-4J USN 1/72

Trumpeter F-105D USAF 1/72

Kinetic Kfir C-2 IAF 1/48

Academy F-86E USAF 1/72

Edited by Fubuki4

I have another solution, if it aceptable.

I have one F14 1/32 Revell, already assembled, to be restaured.

My intention is to disasseble the model (at least great part of this), to made corrections, and reassemble, paint and decaling it.

For this plane, I have decals to made an Iranian cat, and some afters to include in the project.

What do you think?

Paulo.