SU-27 S Flanker B, 5th Fighter Squadron, Ethiopian Air Force

Just a quick update on project, gave the boiling water technique a shot for correcting the warped wingtip. Submerged warped area in a pot of boiling water for a few seconds then pulled it out and pressed each half against the flat countertop surface, got it close enough that I think I can use it :thumbsup: Of course I needed the reassurance of another kit as backup before attempting the fix.

4EfW6cK.jpg

QByXXiO.jpg

GBVn62e.jpg

The air intakes seem to only be assembled with the FOD guards in the "up" position, this only works for take-off or landing configurations, the guards don't lay down well inside the intake, will see if the PE FOD guards can be installed in the "down" position. Just have the kit parts sitting inside the intakes for effect.

GNI7a1K.jpg?1

Finally have some movement towards getting the fuselage halves put together, installed the rear AB assembly, not going to get too crazy with the detailing here, my OCD would run crazy and I'd never get it finished. Maybe just a touch of weathering will be in order :)

k36UDDi.jpg

The cockpit is starting to come together, not sure what color Eduard used for the instrument panels, I couldn't match it with the paints I have on hand unfortunately. Good thing is, very little of it will be visible once installed in fuselage.

JPzISjT.jpg

On 1/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, bashace said:

The cockpit is starting to come together, not sure what color Eduard used for the instrument panels, I couldn't match it with the paints I have on hand unfortunately. Good thing is, very little of it will be visible once installed in fuselage.

Very nice work so far. I also have had my doubts about Eduard's choices with their pre-painted. They go for scale lightening effect, but I feel they over do it.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, bdt13 said:

Very nice work so far. I also have had my doubts about Eduard's choices with their pre-painted. They go for scale lightening effect, but I feel they over do it.

I agree, probably could of matched it up better if I spent some time mixing.

Lovely start to this build considering the start that you had with it.

As it has been stated, I think Eduard go with the scale effect with the colour PE items., but it still has a stunning effect to the build, and the intakes do look great.

For a Russian fighter, the 27 has a sexy look to it.

6 hours ago, Aussie_superbug said:

Lovely start to this build considering the start that you had with it.

As it has been stated, I think Eduard go with the scale effect with the colour PE items., but it still has a stunning effect to the build, and the intakes do look great.

For a Russian fighter, the 27 has a sexy look to it.

It has that sexy grace sort of like a B-1...slenderness! I'm more partial to the B-29 construction inspired Soviet fighters (Mig-15 thru Mig-21 and the others ie. TU-22 Blinder, TU-95 Bear, the SU -7 thru SU-22, etc).