SU-27 S Flanker B, 5th Fighter Squadron, Ethiopian Air Force

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bash...while I've never been a fan of Russian jets, you are doing a fantastic job on this.  Great save on the wing.  The ejection seat turned out very nicely.  Keep up the fine work.  And congratulations on your nuptials.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back in the saddle! One month in the Philippines, 3 weeks in Afghanistan, and a housing move later :485c3a61:

Did some final sanding before spraying on the primer, was so eager to get back on task I had to get some primer down before masking off the cockpit, good time for a break anyways.

pQG8aEo.jpg

0ZL5tIV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As the camo pattern goes down, it doesn't look like I expected considering I'm using the Russian colors called out in the decal insert. Since the incident and markings in question happened not too long after the aircraft were received from Sukhoi, they would have been wearing fresh factory paint. Apparently the SU's went through a repaint in 2009/2010 which gave them the Blue on Blue camo look, pics prior to this time showed very faded paint, at some angles the gray color is still visible on the leading edge slats. Any thoughts from the group?

2FtCoOj.jpg

19 hours ago, airmechaja said:

You could tell me anything about Russian planes and I would believe you. I am in the dark on them. :dontknow:

I do my best to be informed on my subject, but finding info on some of these smaller obscure air forces can be a real challenge!

• 4 weeks later...