On 1/28/2018 at 2:46 PM, murad said:

watchout for the tabs around the intakes for locating the upper fuselage, might need some loving. then the fun part of intakes can begin....:touche: 

Good call on that one murad..........one tab would not cooperate so I simply cut it off. The fit was good at that point. :thumbsup:

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Edited by airmechaja

I put lead shot and epoxy in the radome. Didn't know if it was going to be a tail sitter or not. Now I know it won't be.

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

The intakes went together very good. No putty needed. Now I'll see how well they fit to the fuselage. :bandhead2:

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

Edited by airmechaja
16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Coming along nice. Save you nose weight next time. I have NEVER seen a Phantom model ever require nose weight yet.

You would know this more than most so I will acquiesce to your statement. How about the ZM  kit ? That will be my next Phantom?

Things are moving along with this "Beast". The problems at the beginning are lessening at this point. The outer wings are a good fit as is the vertical stab. I like the option of giving it the aileron droop that was common to all Phantoms after shutdown. The horizontal stabs are another good fit although I haven't glued them on yet for ease of painting. Next stop...........the paint shop.

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

Edited by airmechaja
14 hours ago, phantom said:

Nope, sure does not seem like it.

Like those markings.

I'm not so sure I like them. I'm also not so big on Hill Grey scheme but I didn't have a Phantom with the scheme so now I do. :dontknow:

23 minutes ago, murad said:

it's an unusual paint scheme as phantoms go imho. + it's a bit early to like or dislike, once everything is sealed off with a flat coat you might have a different opinion.

It is unusual for a Phantom. I wanted to do something a bit off of normal. I think you are right about the flat coat changing the looks. Fighters are just wrong being shiny.

While paint and decals are drying, I finished the seats and the pylons with rails and TER's.  The pylons & accessories are some of the nicest I've seen in plastic (30 pieces total) however they aren't really looked at much

while the seats are seen by everyone and they look toy like at best. I'd recommend a resin set.

Edited by airmechaja