9 hours ago, Ichitoe said:

Great progress on your build. Agree with you on the Hill Grey scheme, meh. For grey scheme, I prefer the ADC one. 

Looking forward to the finished build. 

Mike

I'm starting to warm to the Hill Grey the more I see it on a Phantom. :coolio:

This Phantom is finally done. This is how it looked at the Duluth, MN Air Guard in 1989.

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

As a recap, two gents out of Korat A.B., Thailand from the 369T.F.S., shot down a Mig 21 with a Aim 9 on Sept. 12, 1972. The pilot was Capt. Mahaffey and the WSO was 1LT Shields.

I'll post a few more pics in the Killers Flightline.

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

Edited by airmechaja
  • 3 weeks later...

airmechaja...I've just gone through your thread and there are no photos, only links and when I click on the link, nothing shows up except ads and 'Post your images here, do not resize, etc.

7 hours ago, AX 365 said:

airmechaja...I've just gone through your thread and there are no photos, only links and when I click on the link, nothing shows up except ads and 'Post your images here, do not resize, etc.

Yes sir I am aware of the situation that Post Image created for us users. Like other hosting companies of late, they didn't like the Large Bill they received for use of the storage space company they were using so they changed systems and I would have to go back and re-post all my images for the last 5 years. I did re-post the finished pics in the gallery for this group build.  I have a new hosting company that I will use from this point on. What a P.I.A. this has been!

16 hours ago, airmechaja said:

Yes sir I am aware of the situation that Post Image created for us users. Like other hosting companies of late, they didn't like the Large Bill they received for use of the storage space company they were using so they changed systems and I would have to go back and re-post all my images for the last 5 years. I did re-post the finished pics in the gallery for this group build.  I have a new hosting company that I will use from this point on. What a P.I.A. this has been!

Saw your photos in the display gallery.  Very nicely done.  I was kind of hoping to see your in progress 'action' shots.  No harm.  No foul.  The end result is great.

Mike

Thanks for taking the time to repost these photos, Dean.  I'm a visual kid of guy.  Much easier to understand things when I see it instead of reading about it and having to create the scene in my noggin.  Intakes, MLG and that wing / underside butt join look like they're more work than they needed to be if things were engineered a bit better.  Congrats on getting things into place.  A very nice build.

Mike