Hi,

This is my Spitfire PR XI as she has looked since the end of the "Recce Birds Part Deux" GB.

24666052017_e65cbf6e97_c.jpgSpitfire PR Jan 18 by StefanBuysse, on Flickr

I also have a large box with parts for 3 Phantoms, 3 Crusaders and 2 Demons that has been there since the end of the "Phantom Addicts Anonymous" GB. I might do something with them later on.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi,

The vac-form canopy looked better after I trimmed it some more. Still, fit was not great...little contact surface between it and the airframe. I added putty to fill the gaps, but I could only sand very gently because I feared that I would break it off again.

I airbrushed the whole model with Humbrol PRU Blue.

I wonder what she'll look like in daylight tomorrow... and after I carefully remove the masking tape from the canopy.

Cheers, Stefan.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a Job well done!  I'm glad you're able to get this out of the box and wrapped it up.

I have some Phantoms also from that GB and look forward to seeing you complete some of yours.

Don't forget to post some pictures in The Showroom above when your done!

Edited by Spectre711
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys.

I was a bit quick to say I was going to finish this one by the end of February.

I'm really close now. One thing that I had to improve was the national insignia decals: although it is not that apparant in the picture I posted above, too much of the PRU blue was visible through the white.

I found the suitable size insignia on a P-51 sheet.

My old Model  Alliance sheet is quite vulnerable. The "MB948" on the tail also has the blue coming through, but I'm glad I managed to apply it without shattering it.

Pictures soon.

Cheers, Stefan.